- Books, Literature, and Writing
Sept 25 Is National Comic Book Day
As a child I loved comic books. They were the first tool used to stimulate my imagination. Didn't matter what the comic was about, I just had to read comics.
September 25 is National Comic Book Day. What can we do? Buy a comic book, Read a comic book, Trade comic books among your friends. Some stores are rumored to offer free comic books on this day. Get someone else involved in comics.
Now that I'm an adult, I wish I saved my comics. Comic books have great value as a collectors item. Don't ever throw away those old comic books. Down the road, the series you are collecting today, may be worth its weight in gold.
Comic books are great reading. They either tell an ongoing story, provide humor, or offer intrigue and suspense. In all comic books, good eventually prevails over evil. So, comic books always make us feel good.
So take the time to celebrate this Holiday. Sure, it's not a paid holiday, but take a comic to work and read it at lunchtime.
Things To Do On Comic Book Day
Looking for something to do on Comic Book Day. Here's a list.
!. Spend your entire waking moments reading comics. Hit the book store. The Library. Anywhere comics are sold or available to read.
2. Dress up as you favorite comic character and live the day as them. Just remember if your character can fly, it doesn't mean you can. That goes for all the other super powers out there in comic world.
3. Watch Comic Book Men. It's a show about a small comic book store in Red Bank NJ. Why not take the time to learn the comic business.
4. Go Caroling. Get group of friends and start singing. Most comic superheroes have been made into cartoons or television shows. Just go around singing the theme songs.
5. Catch the crook and get the girl. Every superhero seems to have some woman obsessed with them. So go out, catch the crook and get the girl.
Enjoy Comic Book Day