jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Which poet has had the most profound impact on you through their work?

1. Anishpat profile image80
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

Which poet has had the most profound impact on you through their work?

2. anusha15 profile image89
    anusha15posted 5 years ago

I keep on getting fascinated by Harivansh Rai Bachchan. His poems and sheer richness of the words are overwhelming. There is less known poem of his (Madhushala is so famous, sometimes I feel it's a little overshadowing) and it's called Nagin. It's my all time favorite because of it's expression, flow, and the hidden symbolism. For those who know hindi:
    Tu Preeti, Bheeti, Aasakti, Gruna ki ek visham sangya bankar,
    Parivatit hone ko aai mere aage kshan pratikshan mein,
    Nartan kar nartan kar nagin mere jeevan ke aangan mein.

3. carolina muscle profile image74
    carolina muscleposted 5 years ago

Walt Whitman's  " Leaves of Grass " defined the parameters of humanity and masculinity for me as a youngster, and still influences me today.

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No poet has ever hit me, profoundlly or other wise; however, probablly the two poets who have had any effect upon my life are, John Lennon, and Bob Dylan.

5. PAPA-BEAR profile image61
    PAPA-BEARposted 5 years ago

'Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.' Robert Browning written to his wife. I guess it is his personal style, chatty, there with you that I most like.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

I like the poetry of Pablo Neruda! About love, life and more.

7. juneaukid profile image78
    juneaukidposted 5 years ago

N.Scott Momaday and his great epic poem of the Kiowa people, The Way to Rainy Mountain has had the most influence on me.

8. James-wolve profile image80
    James-wolveposted 5 years ago

Wasteland by T.S.Eliot.It had a great impact on me ,especially his masterpiece BURIAL OF THE DEAD .which is about life and death and the world hypocricy.

working