good vibes positive quotations and sayings
a positive outlook
It seems as though the world today if full of negativity. It surrounds us and manifests itself in numerous ways such as through the news, other people, and sometimes even ourselves. Is this really where we want to focus are attention and energy, on the negative? Of course not! The more we see the positive side of life the more positive we become ourselves.
Seeing the lighter side of things isn't always easy. In fact it is a process that we go through every day. You have to be willing to change your way of thinking. It probably won't happen overnight but it will be well worth it. The trick is to focus your awareness on the building your new thoughts instead of fighting against the old.
Energy flows where attention goes - Michael Beckwith
Words are a very powerful thing. You may have had the experience where you heard or read something and it just stuck with you. It may have rang with truth and resonated deeply with who you are. There are many wise words out there and this is just a small sampling of them. I encourage you to take whatever rings true for you personally and leave the rest behind. You may be inspired to look further into a particular quote or saying by looking up who said it and why. Let exploration continue beyond a first reading.
what to do with quotations
So perhaps you have found a quote or two that you particularly like...now what? There are several things you can do to hold onto these words of wisdom.
- post-its are a great way to have your quote or saying presented visually in front of you. The best thing about post-its is you can stick them practically anywhere...in your car, on your refrigerator, or on top of your alarm clock. Choose a place that is either significant to the quote itself or that you will see regularly.
- albums or journals are another excellent way to "store" your quotes if you have many that you wish to save. If using a photo album simply take an index card of the appropriate size and handwrite the saying on the card before inserting into the album. This method is also nice because it allows you the opportunity to add pictures if you so choose. These can be taken yourself or be found images.
- jar of quotes is a fun way to interact with your favorite sayings. Simply write your quotes on strips of paper, fold them up, and put them in a pretty jar or bowl. When you feel the need, take a piece of paper at random and read it out loud or to yourself, allowing the meaning to sink in. Don't worry, choosing a different quote isn't cheating!
- framed quotes are excellent if you have a particular quote that you want to have a special presence in your home. You can type the words on the computer in a lovely font or handwrite it yourself. Place the finished piece in a spot you will see often or that hold special meaning to you such as an altar.
- quote board similar to a vision board, this is a format that allows you to see all of your quotes at once. Simply take a bulletin board and pin on the quotes or you can also use poster board and glue them down. Allow your eyes to wonder and settle on each quote for a moment.
more quotes from spiritual leaders
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength. - Corrie Ten Boom
If you judge people, you have no time to love them - Mother Teresa
Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day. - The Dalai Lama
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell. - Gautama Buddha
There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting. - Gautama Buddha