How Do You Write a Book or Novel the Review
Writing a Story, It Sounds Simple But Is There More to it Than Meets the Eye?
This book is a bit of a wake up call for all current and aspiring authors, it challenges you to stop and think about what you are doing, why you are doing it and how you plan a route to success. In other words how to write a book that can be published and even more importantly, is bought and read.
As you digest this book there will be a slow realisation that yes pretty much anyone, that sets their mind to it, can write a book. There are techniques and methods that will help you understand how to start and finish the book writing process. But then there is a new and possibly even more daunting prospect, how do you get your book in front of real people that are prepared to pay good money to purchase your offering.
Writing and publishing a book is a series of single steps on the way to becoming a published author, there are some big steps in there admittedly, but, like many innovations, it is a single step process. Jonathan Veale's How to Write a Book or Novel is every writers personal guide to the book writing and publishing process, whether you are planning to go down the independent publishing route or follow the traditional route of seeking out a legitimate publisher to take your book on.
Image courtesy of Jonathan Veale
The Story Writing Process - The Steps you Need to Take from Start to Finish
Below is a list, a comprehensive list, of considerations that form the steps of the book writing process.
- Getting started - just hit the keyboard and let rip!
- The muse - let your subconscious mind help you
- You can write! That will help - if you can great, if you can't you can learn, but do that first.
- Plan your book with its readers in mind - who is your intended audience, make sure your content matches your market
- Provide readers with benefits. Meet their expectations - a disappointed reader will do you no favours
- What do you intend writing about - identify your genre
- And a theme always helps - whatever you are writing about
- Think about publishers and literary agents early on - how will you introduce yourself?
- Writers' block - taking action is usually the answer
- Be honest and to the point in your writing - people know when they are being lied to
- Don't believe everything you're told
- First drafts should be for your eyes only
- Dough needs resting before being baked. So do first drafts (of anything)
- Good reads start on the opening page
- The writing habit - it's your call 1 hour or 6 it's up to you
- When writing, leave some dots for your readers to join up
- How much editorial assistance to seek
- All about the role of book editors
- Don't be troubled by punctuation. It can be dealt with later
- Things to look out for when self-editing
- More self-editing tips
- Titles and opening paragraphs - some advice
- The traditional publishing route - what to submit and how
- The synopsis for publishers and agents
- Four ways to cope with the shock of rejection
- Spot the publishing bandits
- The DIY route - becoming a self-published author
- The technical process of publication
- Print on demand - another option for new writers
- Ebooks - the new opportunity for aspiring writers
How To Write a Book or Novel - An Insider's Guide to Book Writing
Often the best way to discover exactly how to do something is to follow in the footsteps of someone that has already done what you want to do. This is the approach that Jonathan Veale has taken with his book on writing a book. A step by step to how you go about writing a book and getting it published. Invaluable advice from someone who knows his way along the rocky path to becoming a published author.
Get the inside story from someone who has been there and done it.
Where Else Can You Buy How to Write A Book or Novel? - Alternative Distributors to Amazon
See the link list below to find some alternative formats for How to Write a Book or Novel
- How to Write a Book or Novel - The Paperback
If you still prefer your books in hard copy you can get How to Write a Book or Novel as a paperback from Createspace for only $8.99
- How To Write a Book or Novel On Smashwords
Smashwords deliver ebooks in multiple formats including the very popular ePub, mobi and PDF formats. So you don't even need an ereader to tap into this valuable source of information.
- How To Write a Book Or Novel from iTunes
This is the direct link to iTunes USA to purchase your personal guide for how to write a book.
A Note From the Author
This book is aimed at me - as a much younger man. You've heard the phrase 'if only I knew then what I know now'. Well read this and I'll share with you what I now know. It should help you achieve your ambition: to join the ranks of published authors. I made it in the end. So can you.
Can I Write a Novel? - That's the big question!
Well can you write a novel?
Never in a million years, I could never be disciplined enough to sit down and write enough words coherently to produce a novel!
Who is Jonathan Veale?
An editor, writer and published author
Jonathan Veale takes great delight in exposing the unscrupulous people that operate under the guise of vanity publishers. He warns aspiring writers of the need to avoid being taken for a ride just when they are at their most vulnerable. When they have completed a book and are desperate to get a publishing deal.
Instead he prefers to offer sound advice based on real experiences and dealings within the world of writing and publishing books. No one needs to take his advice, they are free to plot their own course, but he believes it never harms to get a perspective from someone that has been there and done it over a number of years.
How to Write a Novel? - Lots of people have written a novel, it must be easy!
Have you ever written a book or novel and had it published?
Book Reviews on HubPages - Some more book reading recommendations
- Popular Children's Books by David Walliams
Billionaire Boy is one of the books written by David Walliams back in 2011 but is shortly to be made available with a CD which has David and his partner in comedy Matt Lucus narrating, rather hilariously, the characters from this highly popular child
- A Military Story of Adventure in the Far East
This is a military adventure story set in the Far East. Harry Weston sincerely thought that he had been released from military service for good. He was repatriated in New Zealand where he met a beautiful Kiwi girl and was happy with his lot in life.
- Alien Abduction - A Book Review
'The Mobius Twist' is a science fiction story that has been written by an author who lives on Waiheke Island close to Auckland; just off the coast of New Zealand. His name is Markham Turner and you will probably not be surprised to hear that the loca
- A Gripping, Action-Adventure, Spy & Espionage Thriller
A fast moving adventure set in the world of spymasters, computer hackers, military IT systems and high technology. Add to that a comic element, lots of very sexy ladies and some serious scrapes with some of the world's darkest secret service agency's
- Eagle in the Sky - Wilbur Smith
The first time I read a Wilbur Smith Book was over 30 years ago when I had become a member of a book club. This was at a time when television still got switched off overnight from midnight, signalled of course by the National Anthem. That could only
- Women at War in World War 2, Where it All Began
Lonely Mirrors is a romantic novel which is primarily set in Cairo, the capital city of Egypt. It tells the story of Jennifer Elmwood, a woman in turmoil as her personal and professional life starts to unravel. Out of the blue, she receives a letter
- A Book Review of Expat Living in Rural France
If you are an expat, have aspirations to become an expat or would simply like a little nosey into the world of expat living. Then you are highly likely to enjoy this series of short stories about the shenanigans of the local Brits abroad in a quiet t
- Animism And The Orang Asli
This is a book review of a story that takes us on a journey into the rain forests of Malaya during the Malayan Emergency . The conflict took place over a twelve year period following the end of the second world war starting around 1948 and ending aro
- Expat Living as a Writer
Perhaps all writers are misfits of a kind. Many relish standing outside the herd to commentate on what happens within it. And what could be a better way of taking a distant view of one's own culture than by moving to another country? Becket to Bogard
- French History Books - The Lauragais Story From The South Of France
The Lauragais in the South of France was a centre of Catharism and it is the Albigensian crusade that features primarily in most peoples historical knowledge of the region. The Albigensian crusade, headed by Simon de Monfort, being of course the mech
- Angels and Demons, Prequel to the Da Vinci Code
The thrilling prequel (actually treated as a sequel) to 2006's The Da Vinci Code sees Tom Hanks return as Robert Langdon to crack a terror plot against the Vatican with Ewan McGregor co- starring in the film released on the 14th May 2009. The Mona Li
- A Contemporary Romance Novel
The story The Zanzibar Affair revolves around a letter that is found in an old chest on the Zanzibar Island off the east coast of Tanzania. The letter holds the key to why the central character, Kate Hope, suddenly disappeared for no apparent reason;
Book Reading and Writing Tips
- How Do You Write a Book or Novel the Review
This book is a bit of a wake up call for all current and aspiring authors, it challenges you to stop and think about what you are doing, why you are doing it and how you plan a route to success. In other words how to write a book that can be publishe
- Best Books for Christmas
Welcome to your Christmas library of best books. If you want to know what's hot this year on the bookshelves, then look no further. I am only going to share with you the top best selling books on Amazon for both adults and kids. If you want to know w
- Finding Good Books to Read | eBookIssues.com
You would think that finding a good book to read in this new world of digital technology would be a synch! Not always the case though, traditional publishing is in decline and the time of the independent publisher is definitely here, but with a few d
- Summer Books - The Best Books this Summer
The summer is a time when many people are looking forward to their vacation and a little bit of time to relax and chill out. And what better way is there to relax and chill out than settling down with a good book to read? But now you may have a probl
eBook or Book- That is the Question?
Publishing eBooks has become a rapidly growing option for authors that have struggled to get published in the traditional way. It is a safe option and can be managed by many technically able people with a little guidedance, but for those that really are not that way inclined help is available at a reasonable cost. You just have to be careful who you ask and make sure you get all the costs detailed up front.
I am sure there are other tips out there from people that have been there and done it, so if you have this is your chance to help out some like minded people.