- Books, Literature, and Writing
Keris Stainton was born in Canada, and brought up on the Wirral, England.
As a freelance journalist, Keris has written for publications as diverse as Practical Parenting, Scarlet and The Daily Express, and edited the women's book site, Trashionista, for two years.
She lives in Lancashire with her husband and two young sons, who make her laugh every day. Sometimes intentionally.
Her first novel, Della Says: OMG! was published by Orchard Books.
10 Things You Might Not Know About Keris
I Asked, She Answered
- I dream about celebrities almost every night.
- I have every issue of O magazine ever published ... except for one.
- I make a weird humming sound when I clean my teeth.
- On my iPod I have more songs by Barry Manilow than any other artist.
- The song Starmaker from Fame makes me cry every single time I hear it.
- If I could go back in time, I'd pick New York in the 1950s.
- My favourite flowers are ranunculus, which my husband can never remember the name of.
- I no longer wear my wedding ring because it makes my finger itch.
- When I had my first son, I took hair straighteners into hospital with me.
- I once tried to boil and egg in a kettle. (It didn't work.)
Quick, What Do You Think of Keris Stainton?
Read Keris Stainton's First Novel - Released May 6, 2010
Della's over the moon when she kisses her long-standing crush at a party - but then she discovers her diary has disappeared... When scans of embarrassing pages are sent to her mobile and appear on Facebook, Della's distraught - how can she enjoy her first proper romance when someone, somewhere, knows all her deepest, darkest secrets?
Every Writer Needs a Hobby
I Asked, She Answered
Writing's my hobby really. Well, that and reading. It's all I do in any free time I have.
Actually, not just in free time, I'll crowbar it in to any time available. I'd read walking along the road if I could get away with it.
Jessie Hearts NYC - Released July 7, 2011
Following a humiliating break-up, Jessie escapes to New York to spend the summer with her mother. If only her mother had any time to spend with her. New Yorker Finn is in love with his best friend's girlfriend and trying hard not to be. They'd be perfect together. But first they have to find each other.
Check out that awesome gold foil cover! Jessie Hearts NYC was released in July 2011. And there is a book trailer below!
The Book Trailer - Jessie Hearts NYC
This is actually one of the finer looking book trailers I have seen if I do say so myself.
Emma Hearts LA - Released June 2012
"Emma's just arrived in Los Angeles, a million miles away from all her friends, and any chance of a boyfriend. Unless you count geeky Oscar - which she doesn't. Not at first, anyway. Teen heartthrob Alex might have potential too. If she can get him away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi, that is. Two boys, unlimited sunshine, and a new life amongst the stars. Maybe LA's not that bad, after all."
Keris is just revving up the fun in the third installment of this series.
Making It Official
Keris Stainton has a home on the web where you can learn about her latest fiction, read a Q&A and the first chapter of Della Says: OMG!. There's also a link to her blog with pictures of her office, links to her journalism, and lists of her favorite films and books.
Show her some love and leave a warm fuzzy below.
If you have read the book leave a mini-review.