Laura Numeroff? Author of Many Popular Children's Books
Laura Numeroff Is A Children's Book Author
If you are familiar with the children's If You Give A book series, you already know Laura Numeroff. If not, I am pleased to have this opportunity to introduce you to the award-winning American children's author, Laura Joffe Numeroff.
On this page, you will find information about Laura Numeroff's life and a complete list of her books including the If You Give A series, the What People Do Best series and all of the others. You will find the latest news about Numeroff and even an interview on video. You will find links to blog posts as well as more information about particular books, the plush versions of her characters and a source for purchasing some of her rare and hard-to-find books.
Laura Numeroff Biographical Information
Best known perhaps for her If You Give A... series, Numeroff has a long list of wonderful books to her credit.
Numeroff was born on July 14, 1953 in Brooklyn, New York, one of three girls who grew up in a world surrounded by art, music and books. As you might guess, she was a keen reader and had already determined what she wanted to do with the rest of her life by the time she was 9.
She knew she wanted to be an author. However, when she went to college she went to the Pratt University of Design to become a fashion designer, like her sister. When she realized that fashion was not her destiny, she took a writing class and fell in love with writing all over again.
In 1976, Numeroff completed a homework assignment and wrote Amy for Short which was accepted by MacMillan Publishing after being rejected by other companys only four times. Numeroff's career was launched. She was in the fortunate spot of graduating from college with a degree and a writing contract.
During her career she worked with many illustrators who have included Lynn Munsinger, David McPhail, Tim Bowers, Nate Evans, Joe Mathieu, Sal Murdocca, Sharleen Collicott, and Felicia Bond. Felicia Bond is the illustrator of the hugely successful If You Give series. Originally, however, Numeroff illustrated her own stories.
Numeroff created the illustrations for her first nine books but has since been quoted as saying her "strength was in writing and not in illustration."
She currently lives in Los Angeles, California, and yes, she continues to write successful children's books.
A Laura Numeroff Interview on Video - Laura Numeroff talks about her sisters, parents and grandmother.
Learn More About Laura Numeroff In Her Autobiography - If You Give an Author a Pencil
Laura Numeroff published her autobiography in 2003 as a children's book which means that many of the children who love her books can actually read and enjoy it.
THE WHAT PEOPLE DO BEST SERIES:
- What Mommies Do Best/What Daddies Do Best
- What Grandmas Do Best/What Grandpas Do Best
- What Aunts Do Best/What Uncles Do Best
Laura Numeroff Books, A List - Nine of Laura Numeroff's books are out-of-print.
THE IF YOU GIVE A SERIES
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (1985)
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin (1991)
- If You Give a Pig a Pancake (1998)
- The Best Mouse Cookie (1999)
- If You Take a Mouse to the Movies (2000)
- If You Take a Mouse to School (2002)
- If You Give a Pig a Party (2005)
- Merry Christmas Mouse (2007)
- Time for School Mouse (2008)
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake (2008)
The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza
- Beatrice Doesn't Want to
- Sometimes I Wonder If Poodles Like Noodles
- Monster Munchies
- The Chicken Sisters
- Laura Numeroff's Ten Step Guide to Living with Your Monster
- Dogs Don't Wear Sneakers
- Chimps Don't Wear Glasses
- Two For Stew
- Why a Disguise?
- When Sheep Sleep
- The Jellybeans and the Big Dance
- Emily's Bunch (with Alice Richter)
- Amy for Short (1976)
- Does Grandma Have an Elmo Elephant Jungle Kit
- You Can't Put Braces on Spaces (with Alice Richter)
- Phoebe Dexter Has Harriet Peterson's Sniffles
- If You Give an Author a Pencil
- Sherman Crunchley (with Nate Evans)
- The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza
More Reading About Laura Numeroff And Her Books - Including a page dedicated to the characters from the If You Give A book series plush animals.
- Laura Numeroff
Laura Numeroff's Official Website
- If You Give A Pig A Pancake Children's Book Review
If You Give A Pig A Pancake is the 1998 If You Give A... series book written by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond. If you loved the first book, called If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, you're going to love the antics of the cute little femal
- Laura Numeroff's If You Give A Children's Book Series Review
Extremely popular with the under five crowd is the series 'If You Give A' by Laura Numeroff. The first book, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, has been a huge success for many years but you might be interested to know that, according to the Los Angeles T
- If You Give A Cat A Cupcake Children's Book Review
If You Give A Cat A Cupcake is the 2008 If You Give A... series book written by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond. If you loved the first book, called If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, you're going to love the zany adventures in If You Give
- If You Take A Mouse To The Movies Special Christmas Edition Children's Book
This version of If You Take A Mouse To The Movies is a gorgeous special Christmas edition which includes the original story, recipes, sheet music, games a CD and more. If you are looking for a great review of this wonderful children's picture book, r
- If You Give A Book Series Plush By Laura Numeroff
Children and adults around the world love the book series "If You Give A..." by Laura Numeroff. The books are simple children's books which feature the antics of three characters -- one a mouse, a moose or a cat -- who continually push the boundaries
- Laura Numeroff on Kidsreads.com
I was born in 1953, in Brooklyn, New York. I was surrounded by art, music, and books.