- Books, Literature, and Writing
My Kindle Paperwhite
Why I Love my Kindle Paperwhite
I purchased my first kindle two years ago, it then started giving me problems(over use I think) so a few months ago I bought the kindle Paperwhite.
I love it so much that I feel the need to let other readers discover it. Of course if it was not for the easy access Amazon.com provides to new and old books this device would not be so great.
Having a Kindle is like 24hrs access to the library and there are no late fees.
The way I see it with a Kindle you can not go wrong.
What Does the Kindle Paperwhite have to Offer
1) The Kindle Paperwhite has a back light. This means that instead of the light shining toward you as happens with tablets, i pads and computers, it shines towards the writing. The light can be adjusted so if you are reading in the daylight you increase the intensity and reduce it the darker it is. Having the back light also reduces eye strain. I like this feature as my husband battles to fall asleep if the bedside light is on, so now when I read he is not disturbed.
2) It is touchscreen, the only button you will find is at the underside at the bottom and this is to turn on or off your kindle. To turn the pages you simply touch the right side of the screen to go forward and the left to go back. To access your menu just touch the top of the screen. Getting the definitions to words is as easy as pressing on the word for a few seconds and letting go. You can add notes in the same manner.
3) With the kindle paperwhite you can access your library of books in the feature called 'cloud', go to the amazon store and purchase more books. Create collections and more.
4) The manual you get on the kindle when you purchase it is user friendly and very detailed.
5)If you are having any problems using your kindle the amazon site has a 24hr live chat help line which I have used a number of times and have found them to be amazing.
A Bit More Info
One thing I needed to learn was not to do was touch the screen by mistake or removing specks of dirt from the screen.
As I mentioned in the introduction I originally had a Kindle that had buttons on the sides to turn the pages, when I got the Kindle Paperwhite I found using the touch screen feature did not make it seem like I was turning a page like with a paperback, but after a few weeks I did not even notice.
In the left hand bottom corner of the screen is a feature called Time to Read, which lets you know how long it will take you to finish the chapter or book, by analyzing how fast you read. A handy feature if you have limited time.
The only problem that I have with my Kindle Paperwhite is that my 6year old son likes to turn the pages for me and bring up definitions for word like the. Other than that I really love my Kindle.
Kindle on Amazon - Kindle Paperwhite to the latest books
For fast delivery and great service I recommend you use Amazon for all your Kindle needs.
All descriptions for products taken from the amazon site.
The United States Kindle power adapter
Fully charges Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard and Kindle DX in 4 hours or less
See Kindle User's Guide for instructions and important safety information
Designed by Amazon to be the lightest and thinnest protective cover for Kindle Paperwhite (will not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch)
Wake or put your device to sleep by opening or closing the cover
Secures your device without straps covering the front
Magnetic clasp ensures cover is securely closed
Premium natural leather exterior protects with style
Comes in several colours
Books vs Kindle
Do you think paper books are more enjoyable then kindle books?
Kindle stuff at eBay
If you pefer to buy from eBay they have a number of kindle items
I welcome all comments and suggestions