quotes- food for thought
1. The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.
2. Confidence comes from discipline and training.
3. If you are the kind of person who is waiting for the 'right' thing to happen, you might wait for a long time. It's like waiting for all the traffic lights to be green for five miles before starting the trip.
4. Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual's cash flow and wealth.
5. Financial freedom is available to those who learn about it and work for it.
6. Most businesses think that product is the most important thing, but without great leadership, mission and a team that deliver results at a high level, even the best product won't make a company successful.
7. Finding good partners is the key to success in anything: in business, in marriage and, especially, in investing.
8. French fries kill more people than guns and sharks, yet nobody's afraid of French fries.
9. People who lie to themselves about investing are the same as overweight people who blame their genes for their obesity.
10. We go to school to learn to work hard for money. I write books and create products that teach people how to have money work hard for them.
11. Financial freedom is available to those who learn about it and work for it
12. Most businesses think that product is the most important thing, but without great leadership, mission and a team that deliver results at a high level, even the best product won't make a company successful
13. Finding good partners is the key to success in anything: in business, in marriage and, especially, in investing.
14. Jobs are a centuries-old concept created during the Industrial Revolution. Despite the reality that we're now deep in the Information Age, many people are studying for, or working at, or clinging to the Industrial Age idea of a safe, secure job.
15. The richest people in the world look for and build networks; everyone else looks for work.
16.The problem with real estate is that it's local. You have to understand the local market.
17. Start a part-time business and make as many mistakes as you possibly can while you still have your daytime job.
18. When times are bad is when the real entrepreneurs emerge.
19. If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there.
20. Our brains are either our greatest assets or our greatest liabilities.
21. Academic qualifications are important and so is financial education. They're both important and schools are forgetting one of them.
22. Face your fears and doubts, and new worlds will open to you.
23. If you're going to be a winner in life, you have to constantly go beyond your best.
24. The best way to predict the future is to study the past, or prognosticate.
25. I believe that one key to success is to accept truth, no matter how it's spoken.
26.Quitting is the easiest thing to do.
27. If you or I fail at business, we fail. If we cheat and fail, we go to jail. But if you're rich and politically connected, your incompetence may be protected by a government bailout.
28. When people are lame, they love to blame.
29. In my experience, many people confuse being cowardly with being nice.
30. Inside of every problem lies an opportunity.
31. Everybody could be an entrepreneur, but very few will become very rich entrepreneurs.
32. Military school was great and especially great for leadership and then I spent two years in Vietnam.
33. Critics only make you stronger. You have to look at what they are saying as feedback. Sometimes the feedback helps, and other times, it's just noise that can be a distraction.
34. We've all heard stories of lottery winners, rock stars, heirs and heiresses, and professional athletes becoming millionaire morons who wake up rich but are broke by nightfall.
35. When I was young, people lived from paycheck to paycheck. Today, it seems like they live from credit card payment to credit card payment.
36. Generous people can become more generous as they become richer, giving away vast fortunes to worthwhile causes as Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are doing.
37. A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth, to say no. That's where toughness comes into play. Toughness is not being a bully. It's having backbone.
38. The rich are those who play to win. The middle class plays not to lose.
39. Many novice real estate investors soon quit the profession and invest in a well-diversified portfolio of bonds. That's because, when you invest in real estate, you often see a side of humanity that stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and saving money shelter you from.
40. If you look at anyone who has achieved great success and wealth, people like Warren Buffett, Oprah Winfrey, or Lance Armstrong, they have all focused intensely in order to win.
41. The thing I always say to people is this: 'If you avoid failure, you also avoid success.'
42. Being politically correct means saying what's polite rather than what's accurate. I like to be accurate.
43. If you don't like the idea that most of the money spent on lottery tickets supports government programs, you should know that most of the earnings from mutual funds support investment advisors' and mutual fund managers' retirement.
44.For something to collapse, not all systems have to shut down. In most cases, just one system is enough. For example, the human body is a system of systems. If just one system, such as the cardiovascular system, shuts down, death follows.
45. If you're working for a good company and you're happy there, and you're being compensated accordingly, and your work satisfies you, you should stay there.
46. If you want to thrive in today's economy, you must challenge the status quo and get the financial education necessary to succeed.
47. Often, in the real world, it's not the smart that get ahead but the bold.
48. The idea of going to school and getting a job is the most destructive one in your brain.
49. For people who live in the suburbs and must commute long distances to work, their wealth will sink as energy prices rise.
50. You have to look for teachers. If you want to be a mechanic, go hang out with mechanics.
51. Active investor is someone who actually lives off their investments as opposed to wages from a job.
52. I explain the law of compensation like this: 'Returns are minimal in spite of massive effort at the start, yet returns can be massive with minimal effort over time.
53. It costs governments money to keep fuel prices low. Oil-rich Yemen, for instance, devotes 9 percent of its GDP to making sure its people don't riot when oil prices rise.
54. A game is like a mirror that allows you to look at yourself.
55. Assets put money in your pocket, whether you work or not, and liabilities take money from your pocket.
55.I mean, Hawaii is beautiful, but the world is full of beautiful places.
56. Beautiful, Mean, Full
At the height of the Enron mania, the company's market value was $65 billion. Once the dust cleared, the final value was $0.
57. Most people are happy being average. Most are happy being faceless in a sea of faces.
58. Any time an investment company has to spend heavily on advertising, it's probably a bad business in which to invest.
59. People concerned about inflation today tend to buy big houses and nice cars.
60.I did have two dads; one was a socialist, and one was a capitalist. I really decided I would rather be a capitalist.
61. During the Enron debacle, it was workers who took the pounding, not bankers. Not only did Enron employees lose their jobs, many lost their retirement savings. That's because they were at the bottom of the investing food chain.
62. This rise of the new global mega-rich is happening as established institutions are falling. The fall runs the gamut from the music business and traditional media to the Detroit automakers who find themselves obsolete, outmaneuvered, and out-priced by entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, Mumbai, Shanghai, and even Siberia.
63. Prophets of doom have always taken risks in terms of ridicule and humiliation. If you stand on a street corner holding up a sign that reads 'The End Is Near,' passersby will laugh and heckle. People will say you're like Chicken Little, running around telling people the sky is falling.
64. Who you go with in life will determine what will go with you and the company you keep will determine what will accompany you.
65. You have to be smart. The easy days are over.
66. People say 'I want to be rich'. The question is, 'Are you willing to do what it takes?'
67. I have a problem with too much money. I can't reinvest it fast enough, and because I reinvest it, more money comes in. Yes, the rich do get richer.
68. Money is kind of a base subject. Like water, food, air and housing, it affects everything yet for some reason the world of academics thinks it's a subject below their social standing.
69. When I started my last business, I didn't receive a paycheck for 13 months. The average person can't handle that pressure.
70. A mentor should take you from where you are to where you ought to be in life and destiny.
71. A dollar earned is far better than ten dollars found.
72. Dreams begins with conception, formation, incubation and birth.
73. It is not what happened to you that matters but what happened in you when what happened to you happened.
74. Without vision, you walk in darkness.
75. Having sight without vision is worst than being blind.
76. Be prepared to capitalize on the next opportunity that presents itself or better still make yourself an opportunity.
77. There is something far greater than money- it is purpose,
78. The mind of a dreamer is in positive gear.
79. I wasn't born a natural entrepreneur. I had to be trained.
80. If I have cash and I can't figure a way to put it into real estate or my business, I hold it in gold and silver.
81. A financial crisis is a great time for professional investors and a horrible time for average ones.
82. Few people realize that luck is created.
83. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to trust your team. It's a lesson I've had to relearn quite a few times.
84. Blessed are the doers for they get things done.
85. If you only walk when the sun shines, you will never complete your journey on time.
86. Solve the problem and dont point the blame.
87. Speak ill of no man and speak good you know of everybody.
88. The only way i can get you to do something is to give you what you want.
89. The deepest principle in human craving is to be appreciated.
90. Happiness does not depend on outward condition but inner condtion.
91. Encouragement is a more teaching device than punishment.
92. A man without a smilling face must not open a shop.
93. It's human nature to blame someone else for your shortcomings or upsets.
94. Losers are people who are afraid of losing.
95. We become that which our mind is fixed.
96. Smile enriches those who receive and nourishes those who give.
97. Ability is of a little account without opportunity.
98. I worked for Xerox for 4 years and after that I knew I was never going to be a corporate person. It wasn't my environment.
99. The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said.
100. History reminds us that dictators and despots arise during times of severe economic crisis.
101. We make a living by what we earn and we affect life by what we give.
102. Without any contradition, the less is blessed of the better.
103. The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.
103. To learn how to do something well is to enjoy doing it.
104. Reputation is for a time while character is for eternity.
105. People invest in businesses that they believe have the leadership, mission and team to grow and operate profitably.
106. Leadership, Grow, Team
As a young kid, I really wanted to be rich.
107. In the world of money and investing, you must learn to control your emotions.
108. The thing most people don't pick up when they become an entrepreneur is that it never ends. It's 24/7.
109. Everything the working class has been told to do, the rich do not do. That is my message.
110. I'm a real estate guy.
111. Many people aren't rich because they're liars.
112. The rich continue to get rich the same way they always have - by understanding how money works and making their money work for them.
113. Many people will have nothing at the end of their working lives.
114. I've actually taken companies public, I've actually busted companies, I've actually gone broke.
115. Success is not a stop sign.
116. The more a person seeks security, the more that person gives up control over their life.
117. The trained mind is a rich mind.
118. As you know, low demand and high supply means a drop in value of anything, including the dollar.
119. I want parents to teach that academic intelligence is essential, but so is financial intelligence.
120. I'd rather be a victor than a victim.
121. As long as you blame someone or something else - something outside you that's bigger than you are - as the source of your problems, the problems won't get solved.
122. I do not live on false promises. I cannot afford to live on bad advice.
123. Many entrepreneurs do not realize that many of the problems their businesses face today began yesterday, long before there was.
124. Something's very wrong with a nation that would rather spend money on war than take care of its children.
125. The greatest story of all is Colonel Sanders. He didn't start until he was sixty-six on a freeway bypass for his chicken shop. Anything is possible!
126. When you combine boring with fear, you have fun.
127. You can't take care of charity unless you take care of yourself first.
130. As a precious metal, silver is also money.
131. Getting rich is about fun. It's a game, and you have to treat it that way.
132. I have had a 'real' job for only four years of my life, which means I only collected a traditional paycheck for that very short period of time.
133. I'm always amazed at how many people assume a business has to lose money before it makes money.
134. In military school, on day one you must memorize the mission of the Merchant Marine Academy.
135. Intelligent people should learn from their experiences. With people on the street, the bad experience has beaten them.
136. My company survives because I've learned to respect the ideas of people younger than me and recognize when my wisdom is obsolete.
137. The rise in the price of gold is a sign that capitalism has stumbled.
138. Deflation isn't good, and inflation is easier to cure than deflation.
139. Fuel prices are at the center of our lives. They affect our ability to travel, stay warm, and feed ourselves.
140. I believe that every one of us has a gift. And I believe that mine is the ability to take the complex and make it simple.
141. I do know that throughout history, all paper money has eventually come back to its true value, which is zero.
142. I'm a cash flow guy. If it doesn't make me money today, forget about it.
143. If my businesses or my investments are not profitable, then I don't eat. And I like to eat.
144. The problem is that the government is the biggest debtor in the world, and those depending on it to take care of them will only become poorer.
145.We misjudge risk if we feel we have some control over it, even if it's an illusory sense of control.
146. If medical doctors can be sued for malpractice, shouldn't financial professionals practice under the same safeguard?
147.Jim Cramer is a very smart man. I watch his show. I just do not follow his advice.
148. My rich dad believed we should all learn to take care of ourselves.
149. One of the reasons so many people get burned in the market is because they start buying as
150. There is no force so democratic as the force of an ideal.
151. In every work of a genius, we recognise our own rejected thoughts.
152. Be wiser than other people if you can but do not tell them so.
153. Following your passion is the key to finding your potential
154. We are commissioned to serve, born to reproduce,restored to rescue and saved to save others.
155. faith is birthed in you when you keep hearing the right words.
156. often times great potentials go with great trials.
157. I have never met a man who gave me as much trouble as myself.
158. Under every trial and difficulty, prayer is our unversal remedy.
159. To every disadvantage, there is a corresponding advantage.
160. Until you are mad, you won't be made.
161. Understanding can overcome any situation.
162. If you want to be creative, be active.
163. When you really think, you will always get an idea.
164. Think and believe.
165. You can if you think you can.
166. The right investment of time distinguishes two people.
167. Time is wasted when invested in unprofitable investment.
168.L.U.C.K: Labour under correct knowledge.
169. Destination can be defined by revelation.
170. Successful people knows how to attract money while unsuccessful people know how to repel money.
171. The starting point of success is desire.
172. Success is not a place but a process.
173. The beauty of life is based on discovery of purpose on time.
174. When you lack ideas, you lack money.
175. Strategy is one of the keys to success.
176. When you increase your value and standard, your income will increase.
177. The world is not the survival of the fitess but the survival of the most strategic.
178. You can repackage an old thing in a new way and it will keep selling.
179. You decided to be indecisive.
180. If you want a change, change your level.
181. Decisions must be backed by actions.
182. Transformation begins when we start to renew our mind.
183. You give in other to live.
184. To him that believes, all things are possible.
185. It's not every activity that leads to productivity.
186. The image you have controls your life.
187. Test can be turned into testimony.
188. Anointing without money is annoying.
189. you don't have to get it all right, but you must have to get it going.
200. Start immediately, improve on it until it's good.
201. Advertising helps in sales promotion.
202. People only make suggestions to you but you are the one that makes the decision.
203. Your decisions must be backed up by actions.
204. Its too soon to quit.
205. Be tougher than the tough times.
206. Let a challenge arouse your fighting spirit.
207. Never let your controlled self get out of control.
208. When the rock is hard, get harder than the rock.
209. When life throws a dagger at you, there are two ways of catching it. Its either you catch it by the blade and get injured or you catch it by the handle and use it to fight you way through.
210. Stupid people are destroyed by their own lack of concern.
211. Becareful of how you think for your life is controlled by your thoughts.
212. Nature is a subtle teacher of human beings.
213. Wealth protects the rich and poverty destroys the poor.
214. It is the blessings of the Lord that makes rich, working hard will do you no good.
215. A nation will fall if it has no guidance and many advisors means security.
216. It is stupid to hate been corrected.
217. It is wise to ask for advice.
218. The teachings of the wise are fountain of life and they will help you escape when your life is in danger.
219. You make your plans but God directs them.
220. Blessed are the doers for they get things done.
221. Blessed are those who see sdvantage in every disadvantage.
222. Blessed are those who make decisions and take actions in regards to what they have decided.
223. Blessed are those whose activity leads to productivity.
224. People learn from each other just like iron sharpens iron.
225. In life its not what you say that matters but what you say with boldness.
226. To be safe, follow the teachings of the wise.
227. God is faithful.
228. Everything you do affects the other areas of your life. Its a coin, you can spend it anyhow you like but you can only spend spend it once.
229. Identify your greatest strength and maximize it.
230. You need wisdom to know what to do, how to do it and self motivation to do it.
231. People dont care how much you know until they know how much you care.
232. How you feel is very powerful than what you think.
233. You can love people without leading them but you cannot lead people without loving them.
234. “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life,it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.
235. It’s more important to grow your income than cut your expenses. It’s more important to grow your spirit that cut your dreams.
236. The most successful people in life are the ones who ask questions. They’re always learning. They’re always growing. They’re always pushing.”
237. Don’t be addicted to money. Work to learn. don’t work for money. Work for knowledge.” -
238. It’s easier to stand on the sidelines, criticize, and say why you shouldn’t do something. The sidelines are crowded. Get in the game.”
239. The trouble with school is they give you the answer, then they give you the exam. That’s not life.”
240. Complaining about your current position in life is worthless. Have a spine and do something about it instead.” -
241. The fear of being different prevents most people from seeking new ways to solve their problems.
242. Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.
243. Successful people ask questions. They seek new teachers. They’re always learning.
244. If you want to be rich, you need to develop your vision. You must be standing on the edge of time gazing into the future.
245. If you’re still doing what mommy and daddy said for you to do (go to school, get a job, and save money), you’re losing.
246. Often, the more money you make the more money you spend; that’s why more money doesn’t make you rich – assets make you rich.
246. The most life destroying word of all is the word tomorrow.
247. The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.
248. I’d rather welcome change than cling to the past.
249. Hoping drains your energy. Action creates energy.
250. The more a person seeks security, the more that person gives up control over his life.
251. Everyone can tell you the risk. An entrepreneur can see the reward.
252. A plan is a bridge to your dreams. Your job is to make the plan or bridge real, so that your dreams will become real. If all you do is stand on the side of the bank and dream of the other side, your dreams will forever be just dreams.
253. You’ll often find that it’s not mom or dad, husband or wife, or the kids that’s stopping you. It’s you. Get out of your own way.
254. The only difference between a rich person and poor person is how they use their time.
255. Your choices decide your fate. Take the time to make the right ones. If you make a mistake, that’s fine; learn from it & don’t make it again.
256. If you’re the kind of person who has no guts, you just give up every time life pushes you. If you’re that kind of person, you’ll live all your life playing it safe, doing the right things, saving yourself for something that never happens. Then, you die a boring old person.
257. Money is really just an idea.
258. Talk is cheap. Learn to listen with your eyes. Actions do speak louder than words. Watch what a person does more than what he says.
259. The moment you make passive income and portfolio income a part of your life, your life will change. Those words will become flesh.
260. You will make some mistakes but, if you learn from those mistakes, those mistakes will become wisdom and wisdom is essential to becoming wealthy.
261. If you realize that you’re the problem, then you can change yourself, learn something and grow wiser. Don’t blame other people for your problems.
262. Workers work hard enough to not be fired, and owners pay just enough so that workers won’t quit.
263. As I said, I wish I could say it was easy. It wasn’t, but it wasn’t hard either. But without a strong reason or purpose, anything in life is hard.
264. The single most powerful asset we all have is our mind. If it is trained well, it can create enormous wealth in what seems to be an instant.
265.Find the game where you can win, and then commit your life to playing it; and play to win.
266. The power of “can’t”: The word “can’t” makes strong people weak, blinds people who can see, saddens happy people, turns brave people into cowards, robs a genius of their brilliance, causes rich people to think poorly, and limits the achievements of that great person living inside us all.
267. One of the great things about being willing to try new things and make mistakes is that making mistakes keeps you humble. People who are humble learn more than people who are arrogant.
268. Intelligence solves problems and produces money. Money without financial intelligence is money soon gone.
269. Start small and dream big.
270. Emotions are what make us human. Make us real. The word ‘emotion’ stands for energy in motion. Be truthful about your emotions, and use your mind and emotions in your favor, not against yourself.
271. You’re only poor if you give up. The most important thing is that you did something. Most people only talk and dream of getting rich. You’ve done something.
272. If you want to be financially-free, you need to become a different person than you are today and let go of whatever has held you back in the past.
273. The philosophy of the rich and the poor is this: the rich invest their money and spend what is left. The poor spend their money and invest what is left.
274. Sight is what you see with your eyes, vision is what you see with your mind.
275. In school we learn that mistakes are bad, and we are punished for making them. Yet, if you look at the way humans are designed to learn, we learn by making mistakes. We learn to walk by falling down. If we never fell down, we would never walk.
276. Never say you cannot afford something. That is a poor man’s attitude. Ask HOW to afford it.
277. F.O.C.U.S – Follow One Course Until Successful.
278. Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.
279. I find so many people struggling, often working harder, simply because they cling to old ideas. They want things to be the way they were; they resist change. Old ideas are their biggest liability. It is a liability simply because they fail to realize that while that idea or way of doing something was an asset yesterday, yesterday is gone.
280. The more I risk being rejected, the better my chances are of being accepted.
281. One of the most stupid things to do is to pretend you are smart. When you pretend to be smart, you are at the height of stupidity.
282. Find out where you are at, where you are going and build a plan to get there.
283. I am concerned that too many people are focused too much on money and not on their greatest wealth, which is their education. If people are prepared to be flexible, keep an open mind and learn, they will grow richer and richer through the changes. If they think money will solve the problems, I am afraid those people will have a rough ride.
284. Most people want everyone else in the world to change themselves. Let me tell you, it’s easier to change yourself than everyone else.
285. People who dream small dreams continue to live as small people.
286. The richest people in the world build networks; everyone else is trained to look for work.
287. There are those who make things happen, there are those who watch things happen and there are those who say ‘what happened?”
288. Skills make you rich, not theories.
289. Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.
290. When you come to the boundaries of what you know, it is time to make some mistakes.
291. People without financial knowledge, who take advice from financial experts are like lemmings simply following their leader. They race for the cliff and leap into the ocean of financial uncertainty, hoping to swim to the other side.
292. The ability to sell is the number one skill in business. If you cannot sell, don’t bother thinking about becoming a business owner.
293. Too many people are too lazy to think. Instead of learning something new, they think the same thought day in day out.
294. Education is cheap; experience is expensive.
295. There are no mistakes in life, just learning opportunities.
296. The love of money is not the root of all evil. The lack of money is the root of all evil.
297. We all have tremendous potential, and we all are blessed with gifts. Yet, the one thing that holds all of us back is some degree of self-doubt. It is not so much the lack of technical information that holds us back, but more the lack of self-confidence.
298. When you are forced to think, you expand your mental capacity. When you expand your mental capacity, your wealth increases.
299. Making mistakes isn’t enough to become great. You must also admit the mistake, and then learn how to turn that mistake into an advantage.
300. In todays rapidly changing world, the people who are not taking risk are the risk takers.
301. Tomorrows only exist in the minds of dreamers and losers.
302. Excuses cost a dime and that’s why the poor could afford a lot of it.
303. People need to wake up and realize that life doesn’t wait for you. If you want something, get up and go after it.
304. If you want to be rich, simply serve more people.
305.You’re only poor if you give up. The most important thing is that you did something. Most people only talk and dream of getting rich. You’ve done something.
306. When people are lame, they love to blame.
307. Inside each of us is a David and a Goliath.
308.It is easy to stay the same but it is not easy to change. Most people choose to stay the same all their lives.
309. It does not take money to make money.
310. Face your fears and doubts, and new worlds will open to you.
311. A mistake is a signal that it is time to learn something new, something you didn’t know before.
312. There are no bad business and investment opportunities, but there are bad entrepreneurs and investors.
313. A winning strategy must include losing.
314. If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there.
315. Success is a poor teacher. We learn the most about ourselves when we fail, so don’t be afraid of failing. Failing is part of the process of success. You cannot have success without failure.
316. The wealthy buy luxuries last, while the poor and middle-class tend to buy luxuries first. Why? Emotional discipline.
317. To be a successful business owner and investor, you have to be emotionally neutral to winning and losing. Winning and losing are just part of the game.
319. The problem with having a job is that it gets in the way of getting rich.
320. When times are bad is when the real entrepreneurs emerge.