If I Had Known: A Short Sad Love Poem and Sad Love Quotes
The Inspiration for this Poem.
Given that this is a sad love poem one would think it was inspired by the break-up of a love affair. However, strangely enough this love poem was inspired by a time quote that I wrote as part of a collection of inspirational quotes for 2010. The words of the quote: "If I had known, that one day you would be gone, I would have savored every moment I had with you," kept playing in my mind and the result was this sad love poem. The poem, "If I Had Known: Love's Memories," speaks of lost love, regrets, memories and the importance of time spent with those that we love. While the focus of the poem is romantic love it can also be applied to love in general and for me it also applies to loved ones lost through death. This year take a moment to spend time with those that you love and build lasting memories that you can cherish for a lifetime.
Image Courtesy of Wikimedia.org: Dandelion Photo by Fastily.
If I Had Known: Love's Memories
A Short Sad Love Poem by Injete Chesoni
If I had known that one day you would be gone,
I would have savored every moment spent in your arms.
I would have treasured every second of time spent with you,
To remind me that once upon a time our love was true.
I would have frozen every moment when your eyes met mine,
I would have captured every caress, in the hourglass of time.
I would have stocked up on memories for that future day,
When you would be gone to shores far away.
But while we were together I was deceived,
That love was forever and not a passing breeze.
("If I Had Known": From Short Sad Love Poems, Time Poems and Memory Poems by Injete Chesoni.): http://poetry-and-art-by-injete-chesoni.blogspot.com
Sad Love Quotes
1. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.- Kahlil Gibran
2. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing. - Anais Nin
3. Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion. - Javan
4. Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair. - William Blake
5. The hottest love has the coldest end. - Socrates
6. If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will. - Anonymous
7. Cry your heart out, let it all go, because after every tear there is a rainbow. - Anonymous
8. I am tired of trying, I am tired of crying, I know I have been smiling but inside I am dying - Anonymous
9. You know you are in love, when the hardest thing to say is "Goodbye". - Anonymous
10. The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you. - Anonymous