- Books, Literature, and Writing
The Wonder Tree (Synopsis)
On the desert of Arabia, there was a tribe ruled by Ali Ben. One evening his daughter Zuleika ran to him and told him that there was a stranger going to their tribe. The newcomer told them that the great Sheik ben Nedi was coming the next day. Everyone was excited for their visitor is a great leader from another tribe, so they prepared gifts for the coming Sheik. While everyone is busy preparing, only Zuleika sat alone and idle. She has nothing to offer for the Sheik because her baby camel just died. She went near the great stone and sat there to weep. Suddenly a misty white figure took a shape of a beautiful fairy. The fairy asked Zuleika why she was crying and Zuleika told her the reason. The fairy told her that she has more to offer the Sheik and come back tomorrow where her tears fell upon and she will find something to give the Sheik. The next morning Zuleika came back and found a tree standing, so she told her father. That afternoon the great Sheik came and agreed that Zuleika's gift was the best of all. Arabia bless the day for they know that the tree will furnish them with food, fiber and shade.
- Ali Ben- a great leader of his tribe. The one who welcomed the the great sheik with hospitality.
- Zuleika- a wonderful kid, daughter of Ali Ben and the reason why there was a wonder tree.
- Sheik Ben Nedi- A great leader of the other tribe. The visitor of Ali Ben.
- The Fairy- a kind fairy who helped Zuleika in her problem on what to give the Sheik.
Rate this Review
Was this review helpful?
Great Stuff on Amazon
"yes, that is the most precious gift of all, for it springs from the desire of the heart"
-The Great Sheik