Thomas Harris - American Author of Crime Novels
"Nothing makes us more vulnerable than loneliness, except greed." -Thomas Harris
Thomas Harris is an American author of crime novels, most notably The Silence of the Lambs, which was made into a film of the same title starring Jodie Foster as trainee FBI agent Clarice Starling and Anthony Hopkins in an Oscar-winning portrayal of serial killer Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
As of 2007, he has published four novels featuring Hannibal Lecter and one other.
All of his novels have been adapted into films, with five films being based on his Hannibal books.
Some of His Novels Turned into Films
Three Reasons Why I love Thomas Harris
- He's an exceptional storyteller of the unconventional world of crime and mystery.
- He writes in a precise and bright manner that "you wouldn't think that such a day would tremble to begin"...
- He's stories are totally pulse rating and it opens a scare hell out of you.
Taglines from the Movie "The Silence of the Lambs"
- Prepare yourself for the most exciting, mesmerizing and terrifying two hours of your life!
- May the Silence Be Broken
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Brilliant. Cunning. Psychotic. In his mind lies the clue to a ruthless killer. - Clarice Starling, FBI. Brilliant. Vulnerable. Alone. She must trust him to stop the killer.
Let's Take A Poll
Which Hannibal Lecter is your favorite?
What is your favorite Thomas Harris novels? - Vote for your favorite, or you can add what's missing.
The Silence of the Lambs is in a way much better than watching the actual movie. Mostly the story takes the reader through the uncanny world of criminal investigation and the thrilling elements of horror, driving suspense and compelling characters.
This is the second book in the Lecter Saga. It basically focus on the characters of Will Graham and Francis Dolarhyde.
It is the third part series of this iconic psychopathic character Hannibal Lecter.
HE IS ONE OF THE MOST HAUNTING CHARACTERSIN ALL OF LITERATURE.AT LAST THE EVOLUTION OF HIS EVILIS REVEALED.Hannibal Lecter emerges from the nightmare of the Eastern Front, a boy in the snow, mute, with a chain around his neck. He seems utterly alone, but he has brought his demons with him.Hannibal’s uncle, a noted painter, finds him in a Soviet orphanage and brings him to France, where Hannibal will live with his uncle and his uncle’s beautiful and exotic wife, Lady Murasaki.Lady Murasaki helps Hannibal to heal. With her help he flourishes, becoming the youngest person ever admitted to medical school in France.But Hannibal’s demons visit him and torment him. When he is old enough, he visits them in turn.He discovers he has gifts beyond the academic, and in that epiphany, Hannibal Lecter becomes death’s prodigy.From the Hardcover edition.
Quick, what do you think of Thomas Harris?
- Thomas Harris Official Website
- Thomas Harris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thomas Harris (born April 11, 1940) is an American author of crime novels, most notably The Silence of the Lambs, which was made into a film of the same ...
- Thomas A. Harris - Author of I'm OK You're OK
Description of I'm OK - You're OK, written by Thomas A. Harris. Biography of Thomas Harris.
- Thomas Harris
A bibliography of Thomas Harris's books, with the latest releases, covers, descriptions and availability.
- Thomas J Harris - Faculty of Applied Science at Queen's University ...
Thomas J. Harris, P.Eng. ... Professor Harris' activities are directed towards the analysis of process control strategies and the development and use of ...
- The Rap Sheet: Dr. Lecter, I Presume
Dr. Hannibal Lecter--physician, monster, many of many parts--is set to return in Hannibal Rising, Thomas Harris' prequel to Red Dragon (1981), The Silence ...
- IMDb Name Search
birth name "Thomas Wayne Harris". 4. Thomas C. Harris (Writer, Every Dog Has His Day ... birth name "Thomas Harris Younger". 6. Thomas Ethan Harris (Thanks, ...
- Thomas Harris News - The New York Times
News about Thomas Harris. Commentary and archival information about Thomas Harris from The New York Times.
What do you think of Thomas Harris? Are you a Hannibal Lecter Series fan?