What to Read After Twilight: Book Recommendations
With the end of the Twilight series movies, many fans will be wondering what series will be popular next and are looking for suggestions for books that are like Twilight.
Here are some great books and series that are similar to Twilight that fans are likely to love.
Check out recommendations for more vampire books, werewolf books, books about psychic abilities and superhuman abilities, and more paranormal romance stories that will quench your thirst for awesome books like Twilight.
If you like vampires...
If you loved Twilight because of the vampires, there are tons of great vampire stories out there for teens and for adults.
Here are some vampire stories to sink your teeth into:
- Vampire Diaries series by L.J. Smith - High school girl Elena is torn between two brothers who are both vampires. There is a television show based on these books.
- Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine - The university town of Morganville is overrun with vampires and vampire hunters. 16-year-old Claire Danvers finds herself caught in the struggle.
- My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking - Alice finds herself caught between two vampire brothers. But will she survive to choose?
- Thirst Series (originally The Last Vampire) by Christopher Pike - Alisa is a 5000-year-old vampire who has stayed alive by her smarts. But what will happen to her when her creator comes hunting?
- Older audiences may also be interested in the True Blood (Sookie Stackhouse) series by Charlaine Harris and The Vampire Chronicles (Interview with a Vampire) by Ann Rice.
The town of Morganville is crawling with vampires and hunters.
If you like the wolf pack...
There are also several great werewolf books out there if you liked the wolf pack and Jacob.
Check out these howlingly good stories:
- The Wolves of Mercy Falls (Shiver) series by Maggie Stiefvater - Grace and Sam should be together. But then the weather turns cold and Sam becomes a wolf.
- Nightshade series by Andrea Cremer - Calla is the alpha of her pack, but she isn't in control of her own life. The Keepers give orders to the wolves and she must follow, even if her heart is leading her somewhere else.
The complete Wolves of Mercy Falls series about wolves who turn when the weather becomes cold.
If you liked the psychic abilities...
There are several characters in Twilight who have special abilities like reading minds, predicting the future, controlling emotions, and more.
If you want to read more stories about psychic powers, you won't need a premonition to tell you will like these books:
- Obernewtyn series by Isobelle Carmody - Elspeth lives in a world that has been rebuilt after humanity nearly destroyed it. But some humans have developed extra abilities, like reading minds, that puts them under suspicion from those in charge.
- Fire by Kristin Cashore - In a land where strangely colored creatures called monsters are a threat, Fire is the only living human "monster" left. She is feared by others because she can access their mind.
More mind reading...
Elspeth has special mental abilities that make her a target for the authorities in this post-apocalyptic book.
If you liked superhuman powers and action...
If you loved the action and the superhuman powers in Twilight, these books are full of action, adventure, and people doing extraordinary things.
You won't have the strength to put these books down:
- Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore - Gracelings are people with two different colored eyes who have extra abilities. Katsa is graced with the ability to fight. But has she met her match in Prince Po?
- The Mortal Instruments series by Casandra Clare - Clary witnesses an unusual murder and then discovers that she is somehow connected to the world of Shadowhunters who are part angel and the protectors of humans.
- Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - Set in a futuristic world ruled by the Capitol, Katniss is forced to fight to the death along with 23 other teenagers. Luckily for her, she is unmatched in her skills as an archer.
More superhuman abilities...
Gracelings are people with extraordinary powers.
Just Want a Good Love Story?
Check out Jane Austen's classic novel Pride and Prejudice. She is one of Bella's favorites and is the mother of modern day romantic comedies.
If you liked the paranormal romance and forbidden love...
If you are craving more romance, there are more great love stories out there than any other type of book. Paranormal romances and forbidden love are especially popular right now.
Try wrapping your arms around these great supernatural romance stories:
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer - There is finally peace on earth and it is because aliens have taken over human bodies. Wanda, an alien, is in a human body. The trouble is, the human hasn't disappeared and neither has her love for Jared.
- Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick - When the mysterious Patch comes into Nora's life, she doesn't know whether or not she can trust him, especially since he is a fallen angel.
- Fallen series by Lauren Kate - Luce is haunted by dark shadows after her boyfriend dies. When Daniel shows up in her life, she has the aching impression that she already knows him.
- Mortal Instruments series - Full of action and romance. Clary becomes caught in the world of the Shadowhunters and caught up by Jace.
More forbidden love...
The world of Shadowhunters and creatures from other dimensions.
The Mortal Instruments Trailer
Other Popular Teen Franchises
These young adult series began as books but now have movie or television editions released or in the works.
- Hunger Games
- Harry Potter
- Vampire Diaries
- The Host
- Mortal Instruments Series
Check out this awesome site!
- What Should I Read Next?
Book recommendations. You just type in the title or author and the site gives you a list of recommended books based on similar categories and reviews of other readers.