Writing Online Network: How to Make Money Writing Online
How Can I Make Money?
In the last few years, more and more people have turned to the internet to look for ways to make money. They may be looking for money to support their family because they lost a job, or just to supplement their income. But no matter why they turn to the internet, they want to make money for one reason or another.
To be honest, many of those people never earn a dime online. They either don't believe that they really can, or they do not put in the time and education necessary to learn how to make money online. When they give up, the rumor gets spread that making money online is a scam, and no one can do it.
Making Money Writing Online is Not a Scam
No matter how often you may hear that it is
In your own quest to make money, I am sure that at some point it has been suggested to you that making money writing online is a scam. However, I am here to tell you that that is absolutely not true, although the internet is fraught with scammers, and scams. Frankly, if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
However, if you are willing to learn how to write online to make money, you will make money. The longer you do it, and the more articles you write, the more money you will make. Along the way, you will add more than one way to make money from your writing, and you will learn what each kind of article is worth.
What is the Secret Formula for Making Money Online?
Well, I hate to break the news to you, there is no secret formula to making money online.
The truth is that anyone that you know that has made money online whether it is on Ebay, InfoBarrel, Hubpages, Zazzle, or any other site, has done so through hard work, trial and error, and research. No one gets there through luck or a secret formula.
Well, Then, What Do I Need to Do to Make Money Online?
Ingredients of success
Now, we get down to the nitty gritty. What is the path to making money online? I have found that there are several ingredients to making yourself successful online, whether you are primarily a writer or primarily selling a product. Here they are:
- Good Content: You note that I do not say excellent content. In order to make money online, you need to provide good, solid content which will do one of the following--inform, educate, or sell. This content can be a combination of text, pictures, and video, but it must offer something of value to the searcher (reader, customer).
- Purpose: Why do you want to present your content? You need to know who your content is intended for, what you are trying to do with it, and what the result should be. For instance, a product review is intended to sell a product and educate a buyer whether it is the right product for them.
- Referral or Sales: Your content needs to have a way to make money. If you do not include a money making portion with your content, then there is no way that you can potentially make money. You can make money through referrals to a product or a service, or through direct sales. These will give you income based on commissions or a percentage of what is earned by the end seller, so you will not earn a salary or hourly wage.
- Research: There are several types of research that you can do before you sell a product or write a page online to determine what you should be promoting and selling. In order to make money, you need to be selling something that people are actually looking for.
Click: What Millions of People Are Doing Online and Why it Matters
This book is an excellent way to understand why people click on what they do.
Tips to Make Your Articles More Lucrative
Work more efficiently
Once you get better at the basics that I have listed above, there are ways to improve the success of each and every article you write. I find that these tips consistently help me to earn more and more online.
- Keyword Research and Understanding Search Engines: Sorry folks, there is no way to get around the fact that you need to do research, and study the way people search for things online. The better you are at this, the more successful you will be.
- Keep Abreast of Online Trends: In the last year, there have been a lot of changes, primarily with Google, that have impacted online searching. The result of the most recent trends is that we now need to be careful not to include too much duplicate content in our own content, nor can we massively produce poor quality backlinks. The internet changes quickly, so it is important to pay attention to these changes.
- Refer Relevant Items: If you want to make referral fees based on sales, to Amazon, Zazzle, Ebay or similar sites, then you need to make sure that you refer your readers to relevant items. For example, in my article Yangtze River Facts and History, I refer my readers to more information about the Yangtze River that they can read in books or watch on video. Someone who wants more information will click on those links.
- Refer Searchers to Specific Items: I have seen through experience that the best results come from direct links to products or product pages. If you link to Amazon.com, you will probably not get a sale, but if you link to a specific item or items on Amazon.com, your potential for selling goes way up.
- Understand the Statistics of Selling: It is typical that only about 2% of people who click on your links will actually buy something. And only a very small percentage of people will actually click on a link. That means to sell regularly, you will need to have enough traffic to reach the numbers of clicks you need to build up several sales.
- Traffic Alone is Not Enough: You need to have the right traffic. Traffic from people who are already searching for what you are offering or selling. This goes back to doing your research.
Most people make money online through affiliate marketing
This is a good primer on affiliate marketing.
- Writing Online - Writing for Profit, Writing for Web and Seo Tutorials
More tips on writing online This blog is all about writing online for beginners to experienced writers. Take a look around and see what you can learn.
The Bottom Line
It takes work.
The bottom line is that it takes hours of work, just like any other job, to make money online. While you are learning how to do it, don't quit your day job. But I know of several people who after a few years, have been able to quit their day job because of making money online.
© 2014 Paula Atwell