- Books, Literature, and Writing
Writing essays. Advices
Hi everyone! My name is Sophie and now let's talk about writing.
Writing... What does this word mean? Oh, it is complicated question, but I'll try to explain. Writing - it isn't only to write words or letters, it is actually introducing yourself. Many famous writers put their heart and soul into their creations. I suppose, even bloggers need to do it. It is the most important part of writing and I reccomend you not to miss it.
Now let's start talking about essays. There is a plan, that can help you:
- Introduction Introduce the topic. Show that you understand the title of the essay, and what the essay needs to cover.
- Middle paragraphs Give your own opinions, with a supporting statements and / or examples.
- Penultimate paragraph Give an opposing view, with a supporting statement and / or example, followed by a counter-argument.
- Final paragraph Conclusion. Mention the opposing view, and restate your own opinion.
In an essay which requires you to present your opinion, first write what your opinion is and then justify it. Then present the opposing view and explain why you disagree.
That's all that I wanted to say. Keep calm and begin writing! Good luck.