Zi's favorite Books through the years
The Book Cat
No I do mean cat not worm... My cat will actually read with me!
So I thought I'd share our favorite reads with you on this page, besides trying to make it a little more organized than it was on the No Bummer Summer Reader lens.
I was at my Nana's where they have a few bookcases & went rummaging through to see if there were any Ineeded or any interesting. When they got home.. Sully was sniffing them all out, I wonder if that's how she decides which ones she'll read with me.
The Otherworld series (aka Sisters of the Moon) by Yasmine Galenorn
Savannha Vampire by Raven Hart
The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Broken Heart Oklahoma
Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich
his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming, And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor; And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor...— Edgar Allen Poe- The Raven
From me to you
This is a list of my favorite reads, recommendations from friends, and other books & series I'd like to read at some point. (like The Game of Thrones (even though I watch it) The Beach book, not a favorite but I love that its waterproof!
the following are 3 referrals I received
Nikki Sixx the Heroine Diaries ... I Love the art in the book
Sex, Drugs & Cocoa Puffs. which is a book of essays that though,I was skeptical on reading something like that, was pretty interesting and funny. Loved the Questions in the middle of the book. Good for ice breakers & to get a conversation going) so thank you to Viki for a great recommendation.
Dracula Undead was Recommended by my friend Jane & writes
"I am currently reading 'Dracula-the UNdead'. It's apparently the official sequel to Bram Stokers Dracula, it's co-written by Ian Holt and Dacre Stoker. So far, really enjoying it, very dark, as it should be! The twist in this tale, Bram himself is in it, and putting on a show of Dracula at the Lyceum, people thinking it's pure fantasy, and the son of Jonathon and Mina Harker, Quincy, is an actor who wants to work on the play. However, he finds out that it's all true and the characters in it are his parents and their associates. That's about as far as I have got so far. There is also another twist in it, in that the police think Van Helsing might be Jack the Ripper, although it's some 25 years after those murders. It's a good read, and I love the Jack the Ripper connection" I was finally to read it You can find the review on one of my 2013 year of the book series (quest) lenses.
1. Book & Tree image found in search long ago Idea etc all mine-Please do not copy
2. some books on this list are only temporary until I find another to replace those in the Top 10 books & add to the other 2 sections (So there's no more than 20)
Books on the proverbial 'To read' shelf - *=Literally IN the to-read Shelf
So far, these are just what I can see in the vicinity & in the Bag next to the shelves!
Want to see other's I am interested in.. scroll down (toward end of page) for the 'Want to read' list
I've gone through my books more or less of what's in the house; I'm sure I have a certain book but can't seem to find it it's a paperback called Thirst by Pyotyr Kurtinski & see # 65)
text like thismeans I've finally read it
- *Jill Churchill
Fear of Frying
Silence of the Hams
War & Peas
- *Voodoo in New Orleans
*Wicked Business + the red covered book of the Wicked series)
more stephanie Plum Books! (1, 2, 4, 13,17, & 18)
- *True Irish Ghost Stories
- *The immortal Hunter-Lyndsay Sands
- *Parallel Attraction-Deidre Knight
- *How to Talk to your cat (yea already know how to do that but it came in a lot)
- *Strange but true Vampires
- Towers of Midnight
- Wicked (series)
#1 Witch & Curse
#2 Legacy & Spellbound
- Ellen hopkins
- The Forbidden Game-L.J. SMith
- *A Celtic Miscellany
- * Black Dagger Brotherhood series Books #5- last printed
- Wicca -Scott Cunningham
- King Arthur & his Knights of the Round Table
- The Werewolf book
- The Witch Book
- Hollywood Gothic by David J. Skal (OMG this was a find in a Goodwill store
- The Ring of Five Dragons
- Dragon Charm
- Last Dragon Standing
- They Thirst by Robert R. McCammon
(i think I read this once before whenI was younger but remember it with a different cover which of course I liked better as it was all black cover with what I remember of a metallic mouth with fangs & a little blood dripping out)
- Tales from Shakespeare
- Bad Moon Rising Sherrilyn Kenyon
- The Vampire Book
- Druids-Lewis Spencer
- The Long haired Cat
- *Frankenstein-Mary Shelley
- Myths of the Norsemen-Jelen A.Guerber
- What my cat taught me about life-Niki Anderson
- Vampires- (From Dracula to Twilight) Charlotte Montague
- D'Aulaires book of Greek Myths
- The Beauty of Cats
- Essays of Schopenhauer
- Eyes of the Dragon - Stephen King
- Anne of Green Gables
- The Mammoth book of Fantasy
- The Dead Cat Bounce -Sarah Graves
- Valley of Silence -Nora Roberts
- Malice- Lisa Jackson
- Thirteen - various (Anthology)
- Selected Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer
- Origins (Sweep series) - Cate Tiernan
- Super What?- Jaz Abbott
- David Copperfield (Vol 2) -Dickens
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Shakespeare
- Does the Noise in my head Bother yOu?- Steven Tyler (of Aerosmith)
- The Satanic Versus -Salmar Rushdie
(no idea what this is about, it was in our book case in the house I grew up but is quite thick & well I was in school so lets see.. Oh yeah & it's hard cover as well which usually takes longer for me to read)
- Appetite for Destruction (The days of Guns & Roses) Danny Sugerman
- The Monster Squad- John Angus
- The Paths We Choose - Sully Erna (I do want to re-read this as well)
- Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul
- Goddess: The Secret Lives of Marilyn Monroe
- Dewey (it's about a Library Cat) ....see I told there was such a thing as 'Book Cats'
- Unlocking the Meaning of Lost (the tv show)
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
- Santa Clawed - Rita Mae & Sneaky Pie Brown
- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
- The Rose Labyrinth
well I found a paperback version today (march 22) but I have a hard cover version which is in a sleeve & has a pad that one one side I think it is a puzzle that will become a map This is another one that has been misplaced somehow!
- V.C. Andrews Garden of SHadows, Seeds of Yesterday & Petals on the wind
- Chasing Stanley by Deirdre Martin
- M is for Malice
- The cat ate my jumpsuit (I saw the title & it made me laugh so I grabbed it should be a quick read when I get to it)
- Midnight in Death- J.D. Robb
- The Student Body -Valerie Wolzien
- Death in Autumn - Magdalen Nabb
Favorite Bios & Memoirs
The Paths We Choose by Sully Erna
The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx
Beyond the Crease Martin Brodeur
My favorite Series
Witchling is the first book of my favorite series, Check out Yasmine Galenorn's Otherworld series
The Other world series (which I've also heard called The Sisters of the Moon or the D'Artigo sisters is by Yasmine Galenorn . There is a variety of reasons I love this series which for one Its many genres in one.
Hexed, Inked & Never After are anthologies but have a story by Yasmine Galenorn in them that go with the Otherworld series.
For more, You will ned to check out Yasmine Galenorn's otherworld (I had to make a separate page for this series
I also have a page on J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood
I've read Dark Lover & Lover Avenged books once before but I have re-read Dark Lover and the following 3 books after so far.
You want my reviews and such on that, I have to apologize but you will have to check out J.R. War's Black Dagger Brotherhood. (There should be a link somewhere on this page or you can find my Reading room lens or go to my Wordpress blog Multi-Screen Mo_T_Vision hoover on the Book nook and the menu will drop down, you will find it there. (same for the other pages I made on my favorite series) )
& an upcoming one for any Janet Evanovich books I read. But just to note... I may have yet to publish (& only will once I have enough information and reviews)
The Savannah Vampire series I by Raven Hart.
I think there is 6 in the series. (I thought there would be another but I have yet to find out for sure.) I remember not wanting to put them down, but as far as being able to write a plot summary It's been too long.
I think Vampire's Kiss was the first book in the series
My favorite book from the series. THe main character of this was a whip! Sarcastic & Sassy & none f the other books came close. (The character in this should make more apperances in the others! I may have had a laugh or more each chapter. The other books were still cool but this to me was the best.
Ruby by V.C. Andrews
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto by Chuck Klosterman
Biographies & Memoirs
Nikki Sixx's Heroine Diaries
Sully Erna's the Paths we Choose
my Favorite Bio or Memoir ever! The book is written as if Sully is actually sitting there telling you, not like you are reading it. There's a favorite quote as well as a favorite part I can see perfectly (in my own way) in my head!
Still To read
The Hammer by Dave the Hammer Shultz- Former Philadelphia Flyer
Does the Noise in my head Bother You?: A Rock in Roll Memoir by Steven Tyler
The Thin White Line by Lemmy of Motorhead
Not many Comediens make me laugh but 'Dun-ham' just clicks the tickle switch with me. Not to mention I love the unique act he has. He's jsut not stand up there walking back & forth on the stage. The book pretty much is the same.. and Peanut, Ahkmed & walter even chime in here & there!
Recommended 2 me
*Christopher Moore books
*Songs of Fire & Ice (Game of Thrones tv based on) --by George R.R. Martin
want To-read - now where are all those slips of paper?
because I think I might have to make this the main list somehow (but I don't think you want to see a list of over 200 books!!!(at least not here) You can check more here on my Booked Forever wishlist
it just may be the packaging but that Buildings book looks & sounds interesting. I seem to be a sucker for stuff like that (as in packaging).
Ah here's those slips of paper
Also check out my Goodreads Profile as I am trying to get everything on there... And if that whole if you die with unfinished business is true well I'll likely be haunting the world once I die with the list of books I have as to read.
- Building Stories by Chris Ware
- Anno Dracula by Kim Newman
- Murder Sends a Postcard (A Haunted Souvenir)
by Christy Fifield
- Bound by Night - Larissa Ione
- One Lucky Vampire- Lyndsay Sands
- 99 COffins
- Grave Robbers Wanted- Jeff Strand
- THe Thirteenth Tale
- Varney The Vampire
- The Vampyre - Polidori
- A Discovery of Witches
Shadow of Night - by Deborah Harkness
- Witch & Wizard by James Patterson
- There & Back Again by Sean Astin
- Fortress Draconis -Michael A Stackpole (have the audio but can't stand listening to books)
- Ready Player One
- Never Again -Michelle Bardsley
- THe Curse of the Mist Wraiths -Janny Wurts
- Zombie Survival Guide
- Born of Fire- Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Perfect -Ellen hopkins
(ha anyone read these? they look like poems the way they are written made me curious to check out)
- charms and chocolate chips by bailey cates
- Headhunters by Jo Nesbo
- Lost Cat by Caroline Paul