- Green Household
10 Eco-Friendly Kitchen Tips
Eco Friendly Kitchen Tips
More than ever before in the past ‘green is in’ and the growing awareness in both consumers and manufacturers has meant that green products are now far more easily available than a few years ago.
This also give you a wonderful opportunity to go planet-friendly with ease and save some natural resources not just for the sake of a better tomorrow, but also reduce your own expenditure!
Here are 10 easy-to-follow, yet effective tips that will give your kitchen a much needed green makeover. I absolutely love these eco friendly kitchen tips!
Eco Friendly Kitchen Tips 1-5
Want to have an eco-friendly kitchen? Here are the top 10 tips:
- The first step starts with what you bring into your kitchen. Even if it seems a bit inconvenient, try to buy local produce from smaller markets, which are both fresh and healthy. This approach is also way better for your own health when compared to plastic wrapped goods off of supermarket shelves.
- Eliminate the use of plastic as much as possible from your kitchen. Not only are they toxin-rich and unhealthy alternatives for long-term use, but they are non-decomposable and a headache for dumps when you do eventually dispose them.
- It is an astounding fact that one-third of the world’s landfill waste is organic material. Use the organic waste from your own kitchen to create a compost system that will not just dispose off of the organic material in the right fashion, but gives you clean and pesticide-free fertilizers for the backyard garden and flowering plants.
- Just like there are greater number of people turning towards ‘bio-centric’ stuff for cosmetics and soaps, use green detergents that are devoid of chemicals for your kitchen as well. Plant-based soaps are not just better and healthier, but they are also now priced very reasonably and are pretty affordable.
- While plenty of people feel that organic food is way too pricey (which is understandable as they are definitely costlier than other non-organic ones), including them in your diet whenever possible offers a diet without chemicals and pesticides. They are great for those who are very health conscious and even hyper-allergic by nature.
Eco Friendly Kitchen
Eco Friendly Kitchen Products
More Eco-Friendly Kitchen Tips
- Try to replace all the plastic and glass surfaces and utensils in your kitchen with wood, and even earthen pots. Retro is the new trend and artistically painted earthen shades and materials are not just biodegradable, but also fashionable. bamboo
- Create a recycling system that clearly demarcates trash and separates the organic from the inorganic. While all the organic stuff can subsequently go into the compost pit, remaining waste can be sorted out into recyclable and non-recyclable using separate bins.
- A gray water recycling system that is integrated with your kitchen is highly useful especially for those living in arid conditions and struggling with water shortage. Even otherwise, use taps with a soft flow to conserve the precious freshwater.
- Keep strong bleaches, chemical cleaners and any other cleaning material with highly toxic chemicals away from the kitchen countertop and the sink. This is an absolute no-brainer and is a must for your own well-being; even if the welfare of the planet is not your biggest concern!
- Cook using energy-efficient containers and follow cooking methods that conserve on fuel. You might have the dough to pay the fuel bills, but the planet is running out of natural sources pretty rapidly. So be smart and sensible when it comes to energy consumption.