10 Ways to use Ziploc Bags
Time Savers and Money Savers
Today’s economy is forcing us to be as conservative as possible. We are recycling more, monitoring our use of electricity and water, and buying more hybrid vehicles. One item in particular can be used for many things other than its intended use. Ziploc Bags are incredibly useful in and out of the kitchen.
This item is one of the greatest inventions created to assist the homemaker in organization, savings, and peace of mind. Listed below are 10 great uses for Ziploc Bags.
More Information on Ziploc
Let's Hear From You...
Do you use Ziploc Bags for things other than food?
10 Uses for Ziploc Bags
- Garage organization is enhanced by using this item to separate nails and other small hardware.
- These bags really come in handy when packing wet travel toiletries and make up. If anything were to spill in your bag, it would be limited to the bag. This could really save you a lot of time and money.
- When I travel, I always fill a backpack with survival items like my phone charger and wet cloths. Use the bags as your wet cloth containers.
- Medically speaking, ice/ice water packs are great for reducing swelling and relieving sinus headaches. Fill a bag half full of ice, and add water until the water level is about 3 inches below the seal. This makes for a nice, flexible ice pack.
- Important papers can be sealed in a bag for protection from the elements. If you don’t have a safe deposit box or a fireproof and waterproof home safe, these bags can save you a ton of time and money by protecting your most valuable paperwork.
- If you decide to send something fragile to a loved one, this item can help in shipping and packing. You can protect the contents of your package if you wrap the item, place it in a Ziploc bag, seal the bag leaving a small end open, and blow air into the bag and completely seal it.
- In the kitchen, if you beat an egg, add spices or chopped vegetables, and microwave the mixture in a sealed bag for 1 minute (depending on the microwave), you will succeed in making a tasty omelet.
- Food is expensive, and wasting food should be a crime. When you purchase cheese, store it in a bag after you open it. This will help keep your cheese fresh and mold-free for a longer period of time.
- Once a package containing dry food is opened, it is at risk of getting stale. Be sure to seal up cookies, chips, and cereal packages in a Ziploc bag.
- By using the bags to freeze food, you can buy in bulk and save money. Using the bags to store leftovers is another money saving use. Vegetables can be stored in a bag and kept in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator.
There are so many other uses for this terrific item, Ziploc Bags. Be sure to purchase several different sizes to meet all of your needs. Smaller bags are better for storage of smaller items.
Please leave an additional use for the item, a comment, or constructive criticism in the appropriate section below. Your opinion is always welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to view my work. I am encouraged and hopeful you are enjoying yourself.
If you feel the need, please visit my home page at Mmargie1966.hubpages.com for more articles on various money saving and efficiency topics including recipes!
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret Sullivan