10 uses for bicarbonate of soda or sodium bicarbonate
Bicarbonate of soda tips
Bicarbonate of soda or sodium bicarbonate as is it's scientific name is a clean, natural alternative to some of the expensive cleaning products out there on the market. Having a clean house is important enough, however the uses of bicarbonate of soda don't end at just that as it can be used for dental hygiene, cooking and even as a make up remover among others. Here are the top 10 most common uses for sodium bicarbonate:
Sodium bicarbonate and it's uses
- Cleaning the fridge! To help you clean the fridge in an easy and natural way you'll need to make a solution of two table spoons of bicarbonate of soda, 17 ounces of water (or half a liter) and a little bit of vinegar
- Cleaning the garbage can with the help of sodium bicarbonate and hot water or vinegar will not only disinfect it but also eliminate the awful smell of trash
- Sodium bicarbonate is renowned for it's disinfectant properties and therefore it can be safely used to clean the bathroom as well, removing soap, fat and lime stains easily. It can also be used to clear piping or clean the toilet seat and bowl
- Another bathroom cleaning job where you can use the trusty mix of bicarbonate of soda and vinegar is removing the mold and stains on the bathroom curtains
- The stove and other usually sticky surfaces can be cleaned using a paste made out of a mix of detergent, a table spoon of sodium bicarbonate and a table spoon of vinegar
- Crayon stains left by your creative little ones are no longer a problem as a wet cloth and some baking soda can wipe them away with ease
- Making your carpet shine like new is also possible by brushing it with water and a table spoon of baking soda, or if you prefer using two parts hot water and one part white vinegar
- Adding bicarbonate of soda in the detergent recipient of your dish washer machine will help in both disinfecting the dishes as well as removing any bad odors
- It's also know that baking soda helps in restoring the shine of silver items. Smooth silver items such as silverware can easily be cleaned using a sponge and some sodium bicarbonate. For other types of silver objects you can also use a brush
- Remove the odor of cigarettes from your ash trays by cleaning them with a solution of baking soda and water
Other things you might not know!
- Top 5 memory stimulating plants
As a person who believes we should take as little pills as humanly possible, I have never liked using any kind of chemical stimulants so these plants have been of great help while studying for my exams or...
- Autumn healthcare and the 5 most common diseases
Autumn is here and the days of a normal and progressive transition between the seasons have long passed, these days most of the world is suffering from drastic weather fluctuations. Here is a list of the most...
- Signs of a weak immune system
Research shows that vulnerability to the flu and other seasonal diseases is more often the consequence of a weak immune system, explaining why some people can have the flu almost constantly from early autumn...
- Tryptophan foods and other natural sleep remedies
The simplest methods of insuring that all important good night's sleep can be reduced to basically just a few healthy habits and adequate nutrition. From tryptophan rich foods to a little snack before you go...