11 Bathroom Renovation Tips
Advice From The Pro's
Do you want some professional advice for renovating your bathroom? Are you after some inspiration from some of the leading luxury bathroom designers? Then step right into this squidoo.
Hassle Free Bathrooms is the premier bathroom and kitchen renovation design team on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. With over two decades of experience in the trade, Hassle Free Bathrooms know the best methods for ensuring that your bathroom renovation is a stress free experience. From design conception to completion Hassle Free Bathrooms will provide you with professional advice and suggestions so that you end up with the luxury bathroom that you are wishing for.
Here are 11 tips to get the most out of your bathroom renovation.
One, Two, Three
1) Less is more. A bathroom can quickly become complicated if you start having too many grand ideas. Start with a simple theme, stick to it and do not overcomplicate your room. This is especially important if you only have limited space to work with.
2) To give the atmosphere of space, use white, off-white or neutral colours. Rather than having bright painted colours, use splashes of bright colours in your accessories and bathroom linen.
3) Be dust wise. Renovating and converting bathrooms is a messy business, so keep it contained. Seal the doors and windows so that the dust is a centralised mess, and does not give you more work cleaning up than is necessary.
Four, Five Six
4) Purchase low flow bathroom accessories. They cost more money to purchase, but they will make your water bill less intimidating, and provide better resell value in the future.
5) Consider a small bathtub. If you have limited floor space that does not mean that you have to compromise a bathtub. Many manufactures are offering smaller bathtub that allow apartments and houses with small bathrooms to still have a bathtub. This is excellent for resale as it makes your house child friendly.
6) Avoid freestanding bathtubs situated close to your walls, and in corners. They can be massive breeding grounds for mould, and will cause you headaches in the future.
Seven Ate Nine
7) For painting use a mould inhibiting gloss or semi gloss finish. Once again this may require a bit more expenditure, but it will save you a lot of elbow grease in the future.
8) For more space add a mirror. Mirrors create an illusion of depth and will trick the eye into thinking there is more space.
9) To prevent mould and reduce your electricity bill use natural lighting. Consider installing a self ventilating skylight in your bathroom. The natural light and ventilation will inhibit mould growth. Natural light is excellent for creating the impression of space.
10) If space is not an issue consider creating a double sized shower. This can add a luxury hotel feel to your bathroom and can be extremely functional.
11) Remember that the smaller the tile, the more cleaning that is required. Choose a large tile for your floors, and remember that darker tiles can add great impact on bathroom floors.
Hassle Free Bathrooms
Hassle Free Bathrooms service throughout the entire North Sydney region including the Northern Beaches, North Shore and Hills District. For more information Hassle Free Bathrooms can be contacted on 0428 448 526, or you can visit their website on www.hasslefreebathrooms.com.au to see their extensive display of past works and testimonials.
- Luxury bathrooms
Great gallery of luxury bathrooms in the Sydney region
- Housing Industry Australia
The Australian housing authority. If you are using any tradesman for your bathroom renovation, make sure that they are registered with Housing Industry Australia.
- Sydney Bathroom Renovations
A great team of bathroom renovation specialists
Worlds Best Bathroom?
Here is a video claiming that they have the worlds best bathroom. What do you think?