15 Uses of Salt for Cleaning
Usage of salt in cooking is common. Now a days we are controlling it's usage keeping our health in our mind, but don't forget salt is not only used in cooking, it is a wonderful substance that can used for many household activities especially in cleaning.
1. It is used to remove Ink stains on the clothes. Apply salt on stain, leave it for a while, later clean with wet cloth and then wash it.
2. Toothbrush contains some bacteria even after cleaning. It is a better idea to soak toothbrush in lukewarm saltwater for 15 min once in a week to get rid of bacteria.
3. Sprinkle some salt in the microwave and wipe with dry cloth, this not only removes the stains but also remove the bad odor.
4. Pour some salt in glassware and porcelain utensils, add ice to them. Wash them when ice melts. They will shine like new ones.
5. Apply a mix of salt and bleaching powder to the vegetable chopping board and clean under running water tap. It removes the stains and strong smells of onion, garlic etc.
6. Pour handful of salt in a thin polythene cover. Place artificial flowers in it and shake well, all the dust is absorbed by the salt and the flowers get cleaned.
7. When an egg dropped on the surface and broken, then sprinkle salt on that area and clean after 15min.It even removes the smell.
8. Mix a paste of lemon and salt, rub over the piano keys, making sure that you wipe clean with a fresh cloth leaving no residue between the keys.
9. Soak white socks in salted water before washing them and they will come out very clean.
10. To remove tea and coffee stains from cups and teapots, sprinkle salt straight on a damp cloth or sponge and clean them carefully.
11. Soak fresh caught fish in salt water you will be able to remove the scales easier and it also removes fishy smell.
12. Linens and cotton clothes turn yellow with time or storage. Boil them in a salt and baking soda solution to bring back the brightness.
13.To remove mold and rust stains soak first with lemon juice and salt, and spread out in the sun to bleach, after an hour rinse them and dry.
14. Pour boiling salt water down drains to keep them flowing well.
15. To remove blood stains from clothes, soak the stain in cold salt water and wash with warm water.