- Home Furnishings»
- Bedding & Linens
5 Beautiful Baby Cribs Made in the USA
If family and country are top priorities to you, you are going to love these baby cribs made in America. You can assure you will be putting your child in a sturdy, safe piece of furniture while also directly contributing to the job security of your fellow citizens. For these crib recommendations I personally researched for the materials used, the manufacturing locations, and the craftsmanship involved in the construction. These cribs also meet or exceed the JPMA standards for children's products.
Since a baby crib is one of the most important investments in an infant's life, having domestic controls, American craftsmanship, and the involvement of US safety standards is imperative. Why trust your baby's comfort to any less? In addition, pulling America up by employing our citizens and encouraging self-reliant manufacturing and skilled trades work is a great step toward true American independence.
1. The Anderson Crib
The Anderson crib is a great option for people who want a unisex style crib that they can use if they plan to have a multiple-child family.
Features of the Anderson Crib
- Made in Jamestown, NY
- Made of American walnut and some imported materials
- Measures 54.75" L x 29.75" W x 39.5" H
- Three mattress heights: 10.75", 15.5" or 21.25"H
- Square posts with rounded spindles
- Simple assembly required
Available at www.landofnod.com/
2. The Devon Crib - Highly Recommended
This crib is made by Newport Cottages. The company was started by parents who were not able to find quality baby furniture when their own child was an infant. In my research I have found that this company makes the most vibrant variety of colors available in USA-made cribs.
Features of the Devon Crib
- Made of maple hardwood (a very sturdy, long-lasting wood)
- Measures 56" L x 31" W x 36" H
- Quick to assemble
- Made in California
- Non-toxic stains, paints, and finishes
- All materials are California Air Resource Board (CARB) certified
- Build to last so you can pass the crib on as an heirloom
- Free shipping
This crib comes in eight beautiful colors to fit a variety of nursery themes: Bahama Blue, Coral, Kelly Green, Marigold, Black, Navy, White, and French Grey. If you do not want to know the sex of your baby ahead of time you might like the Marigold and White options.
3. The Memphis Crib
The Baby's Dream Memphis crib is large and sturdy and features a distressed look. The dark color is highly suitable for modern-looking nurseries.
Features of the Memphis Crib
- Constructed out of pine wood
- Two mattress heights
- Measures 61" L x 30-3/4" W x 49-1/8" H
- No MDF or veneers
- Made/assembled in Georgia
There is some question as to what percentage of this crib's content is made vs. assembled in the USA, but the company is still providing American jobs through their production process, so it is important to include them.
Available at www.babysdream.com
4. The Hampton Crib - Highly Recommended
Comes in 7 Colors
The Hampton Crib is perfect if you like nautical-looking baby furniture or if you like the regal style of a tall headboard and foot board. This crib is carefully artisan made, which in an era of mass production and imports is an art form rarely used by the majority of furniture manufacturers!
Features of the Hampton Crib
- Made of domestic solid hardwood
- Made by carpenters using old-world techniques
- Manufactured in Southern California
- Hand-rubbed so that the color does not chip off
- Non-toxic materials
- Measures 56.5" L x 35" W x 48" H
- Adjustable mattress levels of 14", 18", and 22"
- California Air Resource Board certified materials for green compliance
- No shipping charges
The Hampton crib comes in 7 beautiful colors: Bahama Blue, Lavender, Mint, Navy, Pale Pink, Vanilla Bean, and French Grey.
5. The Sawyer Crib
The Sawyer crib has French countryside style but is made in the USA.
Features of the Sawyer Crib
- Dimensions: 53.9" L x 30.7" W x 41.7" H
- Made in Michigan
- Made of domestic solid ash, plywood, formaldehyde-free adhesives, and some pressed MDF
- Three mattress heights
The manufacturing company stresses that they recycle a great deal of their leftover production materials, even down to their sawdust, in an attempt to be green.
Available at www.lollyandme.com
Choosing to purchase one of these cribs made in California, Michigan, New York, or Georgia will go a long way in providing your baby good, comfortable rest and fill you with pride that you helped out your fellow Americans!