5 Teen Room Decorating Ideas
First off know what style room your teen wants
Depending on what personality your teen has will make what kind of room they want if they are super girly they are gonna want a bright super happy room probably loads of pink, if they are not super girly but are still happy they might want a gray room. I personally love a gray room with gold, pink, white, and black colors. I think it looks so good but not too bright. So you need to know the theme they want so you can make the room how they want it!!!!
Know what you are getting youself into
The bigger the room the more time redecorating is gonna take and you are gonna need to be prepared to have to do a whole bunch. It is worth it in the end to see how far you come with the room. Decorating is the most fun part of redoing a room, getting to pick all the paintings and all the stuff you put in there
Stuff for the walls
- Plants- Having plants that hang on the wall are very pretty and definitely make your room look more alive.
- Paintings- Paintings are always good because they show who you are and the stuff you like, and plus having an empty wall makes your room look boring.
- Pictures- Who doesn't want pictures of them and their friends or whatever all over the wall. There are so many ways you could put pictures like shape all the pictures into a heart and tape them to a wall, you could get hanging lights and get clothes pin and hang your pictures on the lights, you could print your pictures into a poster type deal and hang it up, or you could always put them in a frame and hang it up.
- Bible verses- If you are not religious some bible verses are still uplifting, you can find canvases or posters with an uplifting bible verse and hang it up.
- Something with your name or the first letter- Having something to hang that has your name or you first initial is always good
In the end redoing a room is always fun even though it takes a long time improving anything is fun but redoing bedrooms are my favorite times
Improving the look of your room
- Get bed sheets that match the color of your room- Having everything match is important because it makes your room look better even if you do not have the money to completely redo your room.
- Have wooden floors- Carpet floors are amazing but they can get super dirty especially if you are clumsy and spill stuff, so wood is always easy to keep clean.
- get rugs- Rugs make your room look so much better even if it is super small and I think its because you never really put stuff on the floor so it doesn't make the floor look as boring
- Have an oil defuser- These things are amazing and so cool to look at and they really work.
- Candles!!!!!- I almost always have a candle lit I love them so much. Or one of the wax melters
DO NOT over crowd
If you over crowd your room it is gonna look messy and cramped even if it isn't
Keeping the room clean
- Making up your bed every morning- Doing this will keep your room looking clean and no one will be able to tell you've slept in it.
- Keeping as much stuff as you can off the floor- Having too much stuff on the floor will make your room look crowded
- Be organized-Knowing where you put things will help you not tear apart your room.
- Do not have too many things on the wall- Even having too many things on the wall can make your room look dirty or crowded
- Have a hamper for dirty clothes- Having a hamper can keep you from putting clothes on the floor and keeps it clean
- Have the right blinds- If your blinds look old and worn out your room won't look as good.
- Have the right size curtain rod- this is important because you will see the blinds and everything no matter what.
- Get curtains to match- If you have curtains that don't match will make your room look bad.