6 Steps to Selling a Home in Florida
There are always steps
To selling your home. Even if you live in Florida, there are several steps you need to take to make sure you have a successful sale. If you follow these steps, then it is most likely you will find a buyer for your comfortable home.
It is important that you follow these steps as they will guide you through the difficulties that arise when it is time to put your home on the market. What these steps do is protect you and your home from the myriad of con artists out there trying to take advantage of naive sellers.
There are two ways to sell your home
Both of these ways are good and not really greater than the other. They both bring potential buyers to your home and help you pass on the good fortune you had with it to another loving couple.
The first way is through a real estate agent. This method of selling your home saves you a lot of hassle and confusion. The real estate agent knows the market, can help you find the right selling price and does all the leg work for you.
The other method in selling your home is for you to do it yourself. For sale by owner is not wrong, it just means you act as your own real estate agent and do all the leg work, all the paperwork and so on.
The second method places the burden on you and can take up a lot of your time. In both cases, there are 6 steps to selling your home in Florida. We shall give you both sets of steps so you can make an intelligent decision about which method is best for you and your family.
6 steps to selling a home in Florida- Real Estate Agent
Real Estate agents can be very helpful when it comes time to sell your love nest. They are usually motivated and want to make sure you get the best deal possible. Of course, their commission plays a part in that attitude.
Here are the 6 steps you need to take when you use a real estate agent instead of doing it yourself:
- Find a trustworthy real estate agent- there are a lo of them and there re a lot of credible real estate companies. But that doe snot mean that every agent is trustworthy or will get you the best deal possible. Take your time and filter out the bad ones
- Stage your home- take the realtor’s advice on how to make your home look before potential buyers view it. First impressions do go a long way in making the best sale possible.
- Setting the right sale price- again, your realtor knows the market and can search for similar homes to help you find the right price for yours. They know what people are looking for and how much they are willing to pay. They also know if their clients can afford your asking price or not.
- Deciding n which offer to take- once your real estate agent receives an offer on your house, he or she must present it to you. Once you have heard the details of the offer, you can accept it, reject it or make a counter offer.
- Accepting an offer- once you accept the offer, your real estate agent starts preparing the details. Of the terms of the purchase. This contract provides move in dates and any contingencies the buyer and you have agreed on. After all the details are done, you and the buyer sign the contracts.
- Closing the deal- this happens after you and the buyer have agreed t all the details. The real estate agent sets up the escrow accounts, hires the mortgage insurance company and so on. After all the legal details are done, the escrow officer takes the keys to the house and transfers the money to your accounts.
In a nutshell, that is how selling your house in Florida takes place with a real estate agent.
6 steps to selling a home in Florida- For Sale by Owner
This method of selling a home can be the most tiring of all methods because you have to handle all the advertising, show the house when it is convenient for the buyers and so on.
Here are the 6 steps you need to take to successfully sell our home yourself:
- Make a decision- first you have to decide to sell your home and then you need to do a little research to figure out what is the best sale price. Don’t let emotions get in the way here as buyers are not buying your memories.
- Educate yourself- like the Boy Scouts, you need to be prepared and know what is involved in selling your home. There is a process to it and buyers may make requests, like getting an insect inspection etc. So you need to know what to do and who to contact to get things done. You also have to learn how to stage your home to get the buyer’s interest
- Advertise your home- you have to let people know your home is on the market. Sometimes a simple sign out front is all you need. But some homes take more effort. Use the newspaper, social media, and other public outlets to get the word out. The more people know abut your sale the more potential buyers you will receive
- Give a tour- this is called showing your house and without an agent t help you schedule these times or prepare an open house, you have to do it all yourself. Make sure you set the appointments according to your schedule
- You can negotiate- just because a buyer presents you an offer, doesn’t mean you ave to take it. You can negotiate as buyers will try to get your house for as little as possible. They may try to be creative in their offers so know the law targeting real estate offers
- Close the deal- once you and the buyer have agreed on the sale price and negotiated all the details, you sign the contract and set up an escrow account. Check the laws concerning this to make sure you do not miss any important real estate details or violate the laws of Florida.
Some final words
Selling your home yourself can be rewarding but it is a lot of work. It may be a good idea to invest some time and find a very good, credible real estate agent to help you. There are a lot of laws and regulations involved in selling homes in Florida and you do not want to make a mistake that costs you the sale.
Following the 6 steps outlined above, you can sell your home in Florida and make a little profit on it. Selling your home is a depends issue. If you have the time and expertise and can handle all the potential buyers that go through your home on their inspection, then selling it yourself is a good possibility.
You make more money and do not have o pay a commission to the real estate agency. But if you can’t do all that or do not have the time needed, then enlisting the aid of a qualified real estate agent may be the best option for you.
Either way each method depends on you. The 6 steps in selling a home in Florida are not hard to follow.
© 2019 David Thiessen