7 Undeniable Benefits of a Kitchen Countertop Made From Natural Stone
Beautiful and long-lasting, natural stone enriches any room it is brought into. A natural stone kitchen countertop is a great long term investment for a household, and considerably adds to the value of the kitchen. But it’s not always affordable for everyone, which is why many home owners prefer less expensive alternatives. Here are some key benefits of stone kitchen countertops that make it well worth the cost.
- Available in many varieties. Modern stone countertops can be made from marble, granite, soapstone, slate, limestone, and many other materials. They come in all colors, including green, blue, red, and all different shades of earth tones each completely unique. The manufacturers making the countertops they sell have to produce the uniqueness that already exists in natural stone.
- Natural Stone Kitchen Inspirations
At Amanzi, we pride ourselves on offering you the widest selection of the highest quality stones. Whether you’re looking for bold, dramatic marble countertops, the rugged durability of granite, or an elegant natural stone such as quartz, our highly-e
- Basic Countertop Cleaning and Care, Learning to Clean Countertops
Countertops stand out in our kitchens, adding beauty and fuction. We want our countertops to look their best and be clean prep surfaces for our cooking needs. Find out some general rules for caring for countertops
- TLC Home:10 Countertop Cleaning Tips
Cleaning kitchen countertops is an important chore since they are exposed to everything from hot pans to spilled juice. Follow these cleaning tips.
- Stunning looks. Compared to a polished granite or marble countertop, a countertop made from a synthetic material is a sorry sight. Natural stone has a timeless look that withstands changes in style, and that really works with all kinds of kitchen decorations. No matter what stone you choose, you will achieve an impressive look that will make your friends and relatives who visit your house envious.
- Outstanding durability. Stone countertops are hard to damage, and when they are treated they withstand scratches. Daily usage of a wood or of a plastic countertop will eventually cause damage, making the repair or replacement of the countertop a must after a few years. This happens even with high-quality products. Stone, on the other hand, lasts decades, even a lifetime if you maintain it. Natural stone countertops are also heat-proof.
- Cheap maintenance. You don’t need any expensive cleaning solutions or tools to keep your stone countertop clean. Just wash it with water or with a mild soap detergent suitable for natural stone and then dry it with a soft cloth. Every few years you’ll have to use sealants, but these are cheap. Granite countertops tend to require less sealing than other natural stone countertops.
- Easy to modify. Natural stone can be cut fairly easily by professionals with the right tools, so if you ever need to modify the layout of your kitchen, to install a new sink, or to add new fittings, you won’t have to purchase a new countertop. It is important, however, that you leave the cutting to professionals.
- Enhanced value. As the focal point of the kitchen, the countertop boosts the value of your property, and makes it easier for you to resell it. The kitchen is typically the first room house buyers will want to see. If the first thing they will see will be an impressive countertop, then they are more likely to make the purchase.
- Timelessness. Natural stone never gets old. A marble, granite, or slate countertop will maintain its value over time, and survive kitchen enhancements and redesigns. And when the product is of high-quality, it also maintains its stunning look.
A natural stone kitchen countertop is a terrific investment. It will cost some money, it’s true, but it’s definitely one of the best home improvements you can make.