8 Benefits of a Double-Sided Mattress
Ahh, sleep. There is not much more relaxing than a good night’s sleep. We work and play hard and at the end of the day, we are ready to sleep well. But sleep can elude us if the mattress we sleep on is leaving you feeling more stressed and grumpy than rested.
However, it can be a challenge to find the perfect mattress. Just a quick visit to the mattress store can leave you feeling restless and wondering what choice to make. However, one mattress in particular has often been the choice for people looking for a little bit extra return on the mattress investment. This wonderful option is the double-sided mattress.
As its name implies, it is two mattresses made into one. They have been around for a number of years, and have proven to be a consumer favorite – for a number of reasons. Here are just a few of the reasons consumers have chosen to purchase two sided mattresses.
Benefits of a Double-Sided Mattress
- Despite the fact that it is essentially 2 mattresses in one, the double sided mattress is actually lightweight.
- Because the comfort layers are not as thick as traditional mattresses, they will not break down as easily with extended use. A single layer mattress puts all the padding on one side and uses less steel. By having twice as much padding the springs will last much longer and more evenly distributed wearing.
- Because these mattresses last longer, they are more eco-friendly.
- Surprisingly, a two sided mattress actually cost the same – or perhaps only a fraction more- than a traditional mattress.
- They use the same size sheets, mattress pads, bed spreads, and other bedding materials as the standard style mattress.
- With a traditional mattress, one typically rotates the mattress every 4- 6 months to prevent it from developing divots or valleys. However, with the 2-sided mattress, you can still rotate the mattress but it means that you have 4 different directions you can adjust the mattress.
- You can get all the benefits of a pillow top style mattress, but at a lower price.
- A single sided mattress can weigh quite a bit, so it stands to reason that a double would weigh more. Ironically, the double sided mattress is similar in weight to a single making them easy to move and flip.
So the next time you find yourself looking for the perfect mattress – be it for you or someone else in your family, take time to check out a double sided mattress. With so many great benefits, you will wonder why you have never tried one out!
Many websites provide additional information on the topic of double sided mattresses. One such site worth visiting is https://www.themattresssuperstores.com/why-buy-two-sided-mattress/
Janet Slagell independently authors articles for WebDrafter, Inc. for search engine marketing. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those solely of the author, and not of any other person, company or organization. No guarantee or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the accuracy, fitness, or use of the content herein.