Advantages of Quartz Countertops
As one of the hardest countertop surfaces around, quartz is considered by many to be the most durable choice available for kitchen or bathroom countertops. But not only are quartz countertops durable, but they are some of the most varied. You can find them in a rainbow of colors, complete with sparkles and veining often making them hard to distinguish from granite or marble. However, unlike granite or marble, quartz countertops are made in a factory and have a ratio of 93% quartz to 7% resin, glass or metallic flecks, hence the ability to purchase them in so many variations of color and patterns.
So in addition to their strength, quartz countertops are great choices for several other reasons. For instance:
· Like granite or marble, quartz can be used with any edging design or cut you would like to have. You don't have to settle for a basic ninety-degree angle, but can choose from bullnose cuts, elaborate designs and many others. Just talk to the installer to learn what options they have available.
· Because it is a man-made product, quartz can be used for larger vertical surfaces like backsplashes or even shower enclosures, without one needing to be concerned about fissures and seaming.
· Quartz is non-porous, which means that you don't need to be concerned about them absorbing germs or bacteria, thus making your work surfaces 99.9% bacteria free.
· Quartz countertops also resist corrosion from cooking oils, liquids and most household cleaning products. This means that where one must reseal a granite countertop, with quartz resealing is unnecessary, thus making quartz countertops virtually maintenance free. If you spill a glass of wine on granite or marble, clean up needs to be sooner rather than later as it can stain the surface.
· They can be cleaned with any kitchen safe product, but that doesn't mean you want to let spills sit for long periods.
· Because they relatively inexpensive to create, they will cost less, yet look as good as natural stones.
When it comes to installation, quartz countertops share a characteristic with their natural counterparts - its weight. Because it is quite heavy and can be rather awkward to carry, quartz countertops are best installed by professionals who know how to move it and place it correctly. But, otherwise, it is a great product for any living space.
If you are considering quartz countertops, and still have questions, talk to a local dealer, or give the pros at Imperial Countertops a call today.
Many websites provide additional information on the topic of quartz countertops. One such site worth visiting is http://www.imperialcounters.com.
Janet Slagell independently authors articles for WebDrafter, Inc. for search engine marketing. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those solely of the author, and not of any other person, company or organization. No guarantee or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the accuracy, fitness, or use of the content herein.