Party Ideas for the Backyard
Liven Up That Backyard
Which is The Best?
Which is Your Favorite Backyard Party Idea?
Simple Ideas For A Back Yard Get Together
1. Music: The stereo is always a great way to liven up a party. You can have a "designated" DJ or a live band .You could have DJ's to change out the CD's or changes the radio station. Also, if you want to hire a real DJ you can do that too. If you have surround sound outside, great! If not an extension cord can be used for putting radios on the deck. Music always livens up any party or get together.
2. Tiki Torches: These are always fun at a party. They are good to keep mosquitoes away also.They have that party feel and at night they are a sight to behold. Repellent mosquito candles can be used as well as other lighting sources. This provides just enough light for night time in addition to come candles. It is a great addition and the burning fire really looks cool.
3. BBQ Grill: Great to load up with the burgers, hot dogs, chicken, pork chops and sausages for the hungry crowd. Also, cook ribs, steak and fish depending on the size of your get together. Keep the grill going by cooking snacks such as K abobs with veggies and mix them with either chicken, shrimp or beef.
4. Volleyball: A great game for a crowd or even just a few people but, always entertaining to watch. Always fun to play with four to six people at a time. Being competitive is something that is always a big deal at our household. Sometimes, these games get really serious. We still talk to each other after the game though.
5. Horse Shoes: A great way to get six to seven people together for a tournament. It always leads to fun and laughs and of course that will to win. This is entertaining because this is not something that my family plays all of the time so, everyone that plays is playing on an even playing field.
6. Badminton: A game that can be very competitive. It can be a group of only two or four people.It can be played by kids or adults and it is very fun yet mild. I remember playing badminton growing up and we would stay outside until we couldn't see the birdie any longer.
7. Dancing: What is music without dancing. Dance the night away with family and friends always brings great memories to mix and mingle with your loved ones. Dancing is a great way to release some stress and if you chose to drink, you might start dancing like you have never danced before.
8. Beverages are great but, always have a blender handy to keep the excitement going. It is great if you have someone who is really good at making drinks. You can also have everyone bring there own favorite beverage.
9. Frisbee is another game made to share time with someone one on one. This game can be played on teams and with dogs for that matter. Since Frisbee golf is so popular right now. I like to play Frisbee with 2 on 2 games and I like playing best 2 out of 3.
10.Coolers are a must and they should be filled with ice as well as drinks. Have a couple outside and also have one or two in your living room so your guest can make themselves at home.
11. Banners: Having a large Banner announcing the party is always a nice visual for the backyard affair. It helps announce the get together and get the party started. Use neon colors to highlight that it is party time!
12. Party Invitations: Invites sent in the mail are better than just a call. It tells the person, "it's On". Remember, people will get excited if you take the time to mail them a card. Flattered is more like it.
13. Homemade Fireplace: These are very easy to make and believe it or not they are cheap to purchase. If someone gets chilly then you have that taken care of.It is also a beautiful sight and that is always a plus.
14. Cater to the Occasion: If the event is on July 4th make sure to have flags, If it is during the Super Bowl make sure to have the teams represented. Decorate to fit the occasion and get everybody into the heat of the moment.
15. Snacks: In case you have a long party it is a good idea to have extra snacks such as chips and cookies or even fruit laid out for your party guests. If you do not have these things your company will either raid your fridge or they will leave and go get something to munch on at the store or at home.
Party Item Ranking
Home Related Hubs!
- Decorating Your Own Welcome Mat
In this hub, I will show you how to make your very own welcome mat! This particular design will be for Christmas. It would be You tube videos, a quiz, commentary, a poll, pictures and detailed instructions are found in this hub.
- How to Fix Furniture Scratches
This hub demonstrates some of the many ways to cover or eliminate scratches from furniture using many techniques including sand paper and furniture markers. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are also featured in this article.
- Thanksgiving Dinner For A Large Family
This article describes a large Thanksgiving dinner including Turkey, dressing, rolls and macaroni. Polls, maps,Pictures, you tube clips and commentary are ALS listed in this blog along with other facts and information.
- How To Grow Peppers and Tomatoes
This article focuses on how to grow Tomatoes and peppers. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this hub. Tomatoes and peppers can be seeded inside and then transferred to the garden. Always have stakes or fences built a
- How To Clean a Swimming Pool
This article describes how to clean and take care of your home swimming pool. Using a net, a vacuum robot and proper chemicals are very important for maintaining your pool.
Parties at home can be for any reason including themed parties, holidays, birthdays, different sporting events or just to have fun. Here in the south pool parties are a huge part of summer activities. In the summertime, you can find me somewhere in the water. Having a pool party or a lake party with music, food and friends is a wonderful idea.
© 2012 Buster Johnson