Baking Soda Cleans Your Home and Much More
Leave the chemicals behind
Baking soda is earth friendly and is much more natural than many chemicals used in most households today. Baking soda is more versatile than a lot of cleaning products that we all have bought before and it is much cheaper. For about one dollar you can buy a small box of baking soda and you can actually clean quite a bit with this small box. Below is a list of ways to clean with this miracle in a box.
- Spots or Stains- Pour baking soda on mildew or stains in grout. Use a little water to make a paste and use an old toothbrush to clean. Blood stains, food stains, or drink stains- take baking soda and pour on the stain with a little water. Make sure it has a paste like texture then let it stand for about 30 minutes or up to 2 hours depending on how bad the stain is; then wash as usual.
- Tubs- Sprinkle the baking soda in your tub and let sit for a few minutes before scrubbing.
- Drains- Pour Baking down the drain, place the plug in the drain and then allow it to set for 30 minutes. Next, pour 3 cups of boiling water down the drain. If this doesn't work, you can pour 1 cup of baking soda down the drain, then pour warm to hot vinegar down the drain, let it set for a few minutes and then pour hot water down the drain. (about 4 cups or more)
- Laundry- When washing clothes if you use 1/2 cup of baking soda for the rinse cycle; your clothes will work as a fabric softener. If crayons get washed then just leave the clothes in the washer and re-wash adding 1/2 cup of baking soda to wash.
- Trash Cans- Pour a little bit and sift around your trash bin. This will help any odors that would typically stink up your home.
- Carpets- When you get ready to vacuum, sprinkle a little baking soda down and it will help get rid of odors stuck in the carpet fibers.
- Fruits or Veggies- Sprinkle a little baking soda and wash off your fruit or veggies. This will clean off any excess dirt.
- Silver- If you have any silver that needs cleaning then baking soda works great. Pour a little baking soda and water on the piece. Then scrub with a washcloth or toothbrush depending on the piece; if you wouldn't want scratches on it then opt for the washcloth.
- Hair Brushes- Take a cup of warm water and pour 1 tablespoon of baking soda in it. Put the head of the brush in the water and let sit for a while. Then rinse and dry.
- Toys- Clean toys using 4 to 5 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 quart of water. Scrub the toys down rinse and dry.
- Teeth- Sprinkle a little baking powder on your toothbrush before brushing and scrub around your teeth. This will loosen those stains and prep your teeth for the toothpaste. Rinse after using. This will also whiten your teeth with regular use.
These are just a few of my favorite tips on cleaning with baking soda, but there are so many uses for this product. So, when you are at the grocery store next time pick some up! This is so much better than using harsh chemicals and you will see the results just as well.