Bath Faucet Covers - An Essential Tool In Kids Bathtime Safety.
For many consumers, outfitting their bathrooms go way beyond the simple decorating of the room, and the upgrading of the bathroom’s hardware.
In addition to changing the appearance of the room, safety-proofing the bathroom is just as essential as decorating it.
Among the many bathroom safety accessories available on the market today, perhaps one of the most essential are bath spout safety covers.
* Bath Spout Safety Covers - What Are They, And Who Needs Them?
Essentially, bath spout safety covers are soft, insulated shields that cover the water faucet of a bathtub.
Small, and often seen as a nonessential, these spout covers are a vital bathroom safety tool.
In addition to providing the bather with a soft cushion if they fall, spout covers prevent small children and adults from scalding themselves on a hot bath tap.
While anyone could benefit from spout safety covers, the best candidates usually include:
- Small children who could easily bruise or burn themselves, in the event they fall.
- Elderly individuals who due to age, may be more prone to slips and falls.
- Individuals who have an illness or a condition that effects their equilibrium.
- People who frequently take prescribed medications that could cause dizziness, and loss of balance.
* Small, Yet Vital.
It’s truly amazing how fast accidents can happen. Bath taps are extremely hard, and a simple act involving a child reaching over the tub for a toy, a single misplacement of one’s foot, or a loss of equilibrium, can result in serous injuries for both children and adults.
Herein lies the importance of a spout cover.
Due to their soft, insulated thickness, they provide a protective barrier from heat, as well as a protection against potential bruising that could result from falling, or touching the hot tap of a bathtub.
Small, yes. Insignificant, no.
* So Where Do I Get One, And How Much Will It Cost Me?
Bath spout covers are available at major retailers such as Target and Wal-Mart, as well as online, but believe it or not, all bath spout covers aren’t created equal.
While most consumers are content with the normal slide-on faucet cover, for parents with children, bath spout covers that possess cute, and colorful animal designs are great for bath time fun and safety.
In addition, bath spout covers that combine multiple functions into a single device are readily available as well.
Take for instance the spout cover called the Boon Pink Flo Faucet Cover.
In addition to providing a protective faucet cover that helps guard against bruises and burns, this cool and ingenious product provides parents with an easy way to rinse and wash their child’s hair, and triples as a fun bubble dispenser.
Easy to assemble, and devoid of any special installation, this unique bath spout cover is available online, and at Babies R Us - which is a baby store within a store, and an affiliate of Toys R Us.
Bath spout covers don't have to break the bank. Prices easily range from as low as $3, and go up to $15 depending on where you purchase them, and how they are designed.
* Tip: Since most bath spout covers are made specifically for kids, if you're looking to achieve a more "adult" look, the boon flo would be your best choice. Whatever choice you make, ensure that the spout cover is compatible with your bathtub's spout.
An often overlooked safety accessory, bath spout covers are a great tool to lower the risks of potentially harmful bathtub accidents.
copywrite © 2010