Best Buy - The Honeywell RTH8500D or the Honeywell RTH7500D Programmable Thermostat
Best Price for Honeywell RTH8500D
Difference between RTH8500D and RTH7500D
Both the Honeywell RTH8500D 7-Day Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat and the Honeywell 7-Day Conventional Programmable Thermostat are great programmable thermostats that can help you make big savings on your yearly heating and cooling bills. They are both approved under the Energy Star rating system and both come with limited 1 year warranties.
To buy a cheap Honeywell RTH8500D costs about $130 whereas the cheapest Honeywell RTH7500D can be bought for about $65. The difference is considerable so what does the consumer get with the Honeywell RTH8500D to justify spending the same amount again?
The answer is that the consumer gets a large backlit touchscreen interface on the Honeywell RTH8500D for the extra money. Also the Honeywell RTH8500D has a vacation mode that is missing on the Honeywell RTH7500D. The lack of vacation mode is not critical because you can change your daily settings to allow your HVAC systems to just tick over while you are away. The issue of the touchscreen is another matter: since the rise in popularity of iPods, iPads and iPhones the public has fallen in love with touchscreen technology but is it worth it?
Best Price for Honeywell RTH7500D
Features on Honeywell RTH8500D and RTH7500D
In every other way the Honeywell RTH8500D 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
and the Honeywell RTH8500D 7-Day Conventional Programmable Thermostat
are the same. Here is a list of the features that these two programmable
thermostats have in common:
- Compatibility with a wide range of 24 volt heating and cooling systems including single and multi stage systems (2 heating and 2 cooling).
- Easy to understand menu-driven programming system.
- 7 Programmable slots for each day of the week and within each day there are 4 different periods to set up – morning, afternoon, evening and night.
- Filter change warning display to make sure your HVAC is running at its most efficient.
- Smart response technology that learns how long it takes to heat or cool a room and uses this information to pre-heat or pre-cool the room prior to the start of a programmed period.
- A temporary hold button.
- Armchair programming.
- Accuracy to within 1 degree Fahrenheit.
- The ability to automatically switch between heating and cooling to precisely regulate indoor climate.
These are the salient features of both programmable thermostats. If used
correctly the Honeywell RTH8500D or the Honeywell RTH7500D can both
save you 33% on your heating and cooling bills by allowing you to cut
out waste and by allowing you to take advantage of cheaper off-peak
The only useful functions that these two programmable thermostats don’t include are:
- Swing Control to let you set up a parameter within which the thermostat doesn’t activate the heating/cooling. This prevents the furnace, air-con etc. constantly cycling to keep the room at an exact temperature.
- Lock out function to stop children and unauthorized people changing the thermostat’s settings
- A relative humidity display to help you to gauge if your hardwood, coconut or bamboo flooring is in danger of swelling or shrinking.
These extra features can be found on the Lux Products TX1500E
Programmable Thermostat or the Lux Products TX9100E 7-Day Programmable
Whichever programmable thermostat you decide to buy make sure that it is compatible with your heating/cooling systems and that it has an Energy Star approval.
More Hubs about Programmable Thermostats and other money saving home appliances
- Lux Products TX500E Smart Temp Programmable Thermostat
A review of the Lux Products TX500E Smart Temp Programmable Thermostat. It is a 5+2 thermostat with several useful functions for a very good price.
- Review of the Lux Products TX9000TS Touchscreen 7 Day Programmable Thermostat
A review of the excellent value for money Lux Products TX9000TS Touchscreen 7 Day Programmable Thermostat.
- Honeywell RTH7600D 7 Day Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat
The Honeywell RTH7600D 7 Day Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat is a great value device. It retails on Amazon for less than $70.
- How to Reduce Your Home Electricity Bills
The average family in the USA spends $2,200 a year on energy bills. A lot of these dollars are wasted. This article is about what you can do to reduce the waste in electricity use in your home.
- Guide to Programmable Thermostats
There are a large number of programmable thermostats on the market. Faced with all this choice it is hard to decide. So below Ive written a guide covering some of the key things you should consider before buying a programmable thermostat.
- Review of the Lux TX9100E 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
Usually a thermostat excels in one area but falls short in another. In the case of the Lux TX9100E there is very little to find fault with this programmable thermostat.
- Honeywell RTH8500D 7-Day Touchscreen Universal Programmable Thermostat
The Honeywell RTH8500D 7 Day Touchscreen Universal Programmable Thermostat is easy to install to a modern house.
- The Benefits of Installing a Honeywell RTH7500D Conventional 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
The Honeywell RTH7500D Conventional 7-Day Programmable Thermostat is not only guaranteed to save you money but it is also guaranteed against any failures by a one-year warranty.
- Best Thermostat - Honeywell RTH7500D or Lux TX1500E?
Two of the most affordable and accurate programmable thermostats available are the Honeywell RTH7500D Conventional 7-Day Programmable Thermostat and the Lux Products TX1500E Smart Temp Programmable Thermostat.
- What is Green Interior Design
Green interior design is about what is good and what is bad for peoples health, for the environment and for saving energy.
- Oxygenics TriSpa Shower
The Oxygenics 80227 TriSpa Handheld Shower uses only 2.5 gallons of water a minute. That's half the water a normal shower uses. Yet water pressure is not lost.