- Home Appliances
Mini Food Processor Review Including Recipes
Cuisinart Mini Food Processor
The main reason I purchased my Cuisinart mini-prep food processor was to make vegetable mush for my two dogs. Many may think that this is a strange reason to buy a small kitchen appliance, but it saves me a lot of time. For those of you that are interested I will include the vegetable mush recipe below. Since first purchasing it over five years ago I've discovered it to be a very handy and useful tool when it comes to food prep.
I love to cook, and I love kitchen gadgets and tools. I've never owned a full sized food processor as I always thought that they would be a pain to take apart and wash. The mini one I find is quite useful and it works well for my needs in the kitchen.
Reasons Why I Recommend this Small Appliance
This appliance came with an 18 month warranty - I've had it over five years now and it is still working great. I've never needed to replace the blade or any other parts on this product.
It takes up very little room and can sit out on the counter, fit into a small space in a cupboard or a drawer. In the bottom underneath the motor base there is a hidden cord storage spot.
With only 3 parts to remove from the motor base, cleaning it is a breeze. It can be either washed by hand in warm soapy water or placed in the top rack of your dishwasher. The blade can be put in the cutlery basket.
What The Processor Can Do
The Cuisinart mini-prep plus processor will do all of the following:
There are two buttons on the motor base giving you the option to either chop or grind. By holding and pressing down either button, will give a pulse activation giving you control for precision processing.
Food Prep I've Used This Appliance For
Chop or Grind
Chilling chocolate in the freezer first will make chopping easier
Chop or Grind
If you toast the nuts first this will bring out the full flavor
Storing unused grinds in the freezer will keep the grinds fresher
I've added a bit of olive oil to the garlic and frozen it when I've had an abundance of garlic
Vanilla Wafers, Graham Crackers, or Saltine Crackers
Grind or Chop
Great for baking
Grind or Chop
Perfect for that chocolate cheesecake or pudding pie
Add and blend with chopped garlic, lemon zest, herbs or shallots and make a delicious bread spread
Hard Cheeses such as Parmesan, Romano or Asiago
Chop and Grind
Easier than grating by hand
Chop to a creamy consistency
Great for cheese balls
Remove leaves from the stems to chop
Onions, celery, peppers
Great for making relishes, salsas and more
Guacamole Fast and Easy
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers cored, seeds removed and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup of chopped green or other onion of choice
- 2 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin
- 2 tbs. of chopped fresh or dried cilantro
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes (optional) cored and seeded
This should yield approximately 1½ - 2 cups
Instructions for Guacamole Dip
- Chop garlic, onions and jalapeno peppers in the bowl of the mini processor pushing chop ten times.
- Add the avocado, lemon or lime juice, and all spices.
- Chop and blend until creamy.
- Scrape sides of the bowl with a spatula and chop again making sure everything is well blended, smooth and creamy.
- Cover and refrigerator until ready to use.
- If adding chopped tomatoes, stir in right before serving.
Approximate time: 30 seconds
Making a Vegetable Dip
Other Reasons I Love My Mini Food Processor
Salad dressings are so much tastier and healthier if you make them homemade. With the mini food processor you will be able to whip up your favorite salad dressings in no time at all.
Perfect for a few small or individual milk shakes or smoothies.
Shredding cabbage by hand can become very tiresome. Using the mini it can be shredded easily and quick.
Healthy Dog Treat
For my two Newfoundland dogs, I feed them 1/2 cup of mush, three to four times a week. The servings can be put into freezer bags or freezer containers and frozen. I defrost it in the refrigerator the day before I plan to use it. Both of my dogs love vegetable mush. You can add other fruits and vegetables, but be sure to check that are safe for dogs to eat.
Instructions for Vegetable Mush
- Chop and grind all romaine lettuce in batches and put into a large bowl.
- Do the same with the carrots, zucchini, apple and banana.
- Mix everything together really well in the large bowl.
- Depending on how small or large your dog is will depend on how much of the vegetable mush will be added to their food.
Dogs Vegetable Mush
- 1 head of romaine lettuce washed and torn into small pieces
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchini's washed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 apple peeled, cored, and quartered (Be sure to get all the seeds out as they are not safe for dogs to consume)
- 1 banana peeled