Buy an Electric Fireplace - Make it a Corner Fireplace
Buy an Electric Fireplace for a Corner
There are a few reasons to buy an electric fireplace. They are quite beautiful and functional. An electric fireplace will easily become part of your décor and enhance the ambiance of your home. This is where corner units come into play. A corner electric fireplace will fit neatly into almost any corner and leave extra wall space for your other furniture while adding beauty and charm to your room.
In addition, an electric fireplace will go easy on your bank account with respect to home heating costs. They operate on about eight cents an hour when used for heat. They will operate at about two cents an hour when you are using just the electronic flames to give the appearance of real fire. Even though quite economical, they put out enough heat to comforably handle up to 400 square feet of room area. That's roughly 20 by 20, a normal living room or a large bedroom.
You can buy an electric fireplace to fit in just about any part of you room. There are traditional sizes and there are smaller sizes to enhance an apartment or smaller home. There are even units that are appropriately sized to fit into a small area such as a foyer.
Built In Non-Functional Fireplace
I've always believed in doing things myself if I have the knowledge and ability. That includes all types of home DIY projects. Quite a few years back, while living in sunny South Florida, I decided (with my wife's help) to install a f aux fireplace. It was to be in the corner of a new room we were adding to the back of our house.
Did I mention that I was in construction? I was a plastering and stucco sub-contractor. So it wasn't impossible for me. However, there are a few things I discovered by the end of the project.
- Adding a built in fireplace is a very messy job.
- Built in fireplaces don't move, so make sure you have it where you want it.
- A f aux fireplace adds value to you home, even in South Florida.
- You can't take it with you.
- A f aux fireplace is non-functional (except for adding to the décor)
Freestanding Non-functional Fireplace
Several years later we had moved and I decided (with my wife's help) that we needed another fireplace. This time it would be just a piece of furniture. There would be no attachment to the structure because we would be taking it with us when we moved.
Did I mention that I like working with wood? I enjoy home projects. I found out a few things about freestanding fireplaces.
- Adding a free standing f aux fireplace is not messy because you can build it anywhere and move it into your house.
- Free standing f aux fireplaces cost much less than a built in f aux fireplace.
- Free standing fireplaces move... so you can redecorate your room and relocate the unit where ever you (or your wife) wants.
- If you do a good job, you can't your fireplace with you, because the people who buy your place will insist that it stay as part of the purchase price.
- A free standing fireplace is non-functional (except for their value as part of the décor)
While I enjoyed both projects, and I would not hesitate to take on another fireplace project, I really like the corner electric fireplace we now enjoy. We have moved out of Florida and the first fall we realized we needed something to help with room décor and economical heating.
Purchasing a corner fireplace online proved to be perfect. We had actually found a couple fireplaces at local stores, but they were not exactly what we wanted. So we went online and found just the right one to suit our needs.
It was delivered in less than a week. It took about an hour to assemble and plug in. And I can not tell you how much enjoyment we have gotten from our corner electric fireplace. It is the focal point of the room, getting many comments from friends and family who see it for the first time. We are very happy about our decision to buy an electric fireplace - a corner unit.
More "Buy an Electric Fireplace" information
- Buy an Electric Fireplace
Discover how convenient and functional an electric fireplace can be.
- Why Buy an Electric Fireplace in the Middle of Winter
The answer to the question, "Why buy an electric fireplace in the middle of winter," may be obvious to you. But there is a story behind it. We moved to Georgia from Florida a few years ago. In Florida there...