Carpet Cleaning: Stain Removal Tips
There are a variety of products on the market that are available when it comes to cleaning carpet stains. There are also a variety of ways that you can clean your carpet without using any chemicals at all. A great tip for removing carpet stains without using any harsh chemicals is by making a solution of vinegar and water.
Below is a list of easy steps
that will show you how.
1. Mix 2 cups of vinegar and 2 cups of water together
2. Apply this solution to the stain using a spray bottle and saturate the area well.
3. Allow the solution to soak in for about 15 minutes.
4. Use a rubbing motion to clean with a sponge or a thick cloth.
5. Rinse with clean warm water.
6. Brush the carpet back into the natural position.
7. Use about 6 white paper towels and place them on top of the area. Place a heavy book over the paper towels and allow them to soak up the excess water.
Easy, fast, safe, and money saving
When it comes to carpet cleaning it should not have to be a tough job or an expensive one. There are many easy ways to do it yourself. These tips will provide you with money saving ways. Calling a professional to clean your carpet may empty your wallet. Doing it yourself is also a time saver.
Here is another easy, fast, safe, and money saving tip.
1. Mix two teaspoons of clear ammonia to one cup of water.
2. Place the solution in a spray bottle.
3. Spray the stained area.
4. Use paper towels to blot the area and allow the area to completely dry.
Using dish washing liquid
Dish washing liquid is another safe and money saving way to clean your carpet. It is very easy and works well in removing grease also. When using this method you must make sure that the dish washing liquid does not contain bleach.
Bleach will remove the color from your carpet. Large spills on carpet can be easily cleaned with a wet dry vac or a steam cleaner. Steam cleaners can be easily purchased at a department store and they are very affordable and will save you tons of money on carpet cleaning. Another useful tip in cleaning carpet stains is by using lemon juice. This is a very environmentally friendly approach.
Here is how you do it:
1. Add about one cup of pure lemon juice that contains no added ingredients to a spray bottle.
2. Spray the lemon juice to the effected area.
3. Allow it to soak for 5 minutes.
4. Dry the area with paper towels to remove the stain.
Removing rust stains
Some stains are very hard to remove and some may do permanent damage and
may not be removed at all. Carpets that are made of natural fibers such
as wool must be cleaned by a professional. If you are not sure about
any cleaning techniques that can be done yourself, please contact a
professional carpet cleaning business. Some carpets contain special dyes
that need to be handled by professionals.
One tough stain to remove from carpet is rust. There is a solution to removing tough rust stains.
1. Add some hydrogen peroxide to a spray bottle.
2. Apply the peroxide to the rust area.
3. Allow the peroxide to set for one hour.
4. Soak up the wet peroxide on the carpet with a paper towel or white cloth. Repeat if needed.
Removing blood stains
Blood stains are really difficult to remove from carpet, especially
after the blood has dried. It is much easier to remove blood stains from
the carpet while the stain is still wet. With removing blood stains,
they must be blotted and not rubbed. Rubbing the stain will push it
deeper into the carpet.
To remove blood from oriental rugs or carpets you must mix one cup of vinegar with two cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray it on the stain and allow it to set for 5 minutes, then blot.
To remove blood from synthetic carpet you must mix two tablespoons of ammonia with one cup of cold water in a spray bottle. Spray the stain and allow it to sit for five minutes. Blot dry and repeat if necessary.
Top remove blood from natural fiber carpet then you must mix 1 teaspoon of detergent, non-alkali, with one cup of water in a spray bottle. Spray it on the stain and allow it to stand for 5 minutes, then blot.
There are other household items that may be easily used to remove blood stains such as baking soda, salt, and meat tenderizer. They must be mixed with cold water. Using warm water is not recommended because warm water makes blood stains very difficult to remove.
Removing punch stains
Removing punch stains can also be hard. If the punch is still wet on the carpet it will be easy to remove it by using salt and a vacuum. All you have to do is pour the salt over the wet punch and allow the salt to soak up the punch and then vacuum it. Repeat until the stain is gone.
Removing soft drink strains
Soft drinks may be removed from carpet using clean warm water and a washcloth. Red wine can be easily removed the way way as punch by using salt as an absorbent. There are many, many ways to remove different stains from your carpet that will save you money, time, and will not harm the environment. You must always test first. Remember that if you are unsure about doing it yourself then you must contact professional carpet cleaners for advice or cleaning. These are just some suggestions that helpful in cleaning your own carpet.
Secret of carpet cleaning
When cleaning your carpet stains there are some important things to remember.
1. Never use bleach or ammonia on natural fibers because it will definitely cause damage to the natural fiber carpet.
2. Oriental rugs or carpet should be cleaned with caution.
3. Never use laundry detergent for removing carpet stains.
4. If your carpet or rug is an antique or silk, always seek advice from a professional carpet cleaner.
Video: Removing Ice Creams from Carpet
- Natural Colon Cleanser
The average American stores 10 to 12 pounds of fecal waste in their colon and has only 2-3 bowel movements per week. In reality, we should be having at least 3 bowel movements per day. This is a...