Gardening: Christmas Gifts For Garden Lovers
Gardening Supplies are a Hit!
Do you have a gardener on your Christmas list? Someone who loves to work with plants or just doodle around in their garden?
Being a die hard gardener myself, I know that gardening supplies and garden gifts are one of the most exciting and appreciated things a gardener can get for Christmas. To put a smile on any gardeners face all you have to do is present them with something to either plant in their garden - or a gift to help them in their garden - and trust me - you've made their day!
But where and what types of things can you or should you give to that garden loving person for Christmas?
Ideas for Gardening Gifts
If you aren't sure what type of garden your friend or family member has - don't fret - there are plenty of generic gifts that you can give that will be a hit:
1. Good Gardening Gloves ( every gardener can always use a good pair of gloves! Make sure you know that persons appr. size though. One of my favorite pair of gloves was given to me by my surrogate daughter- and every time I wear them I think of her!)
2. A Beautiful Planting Pot (ceramic ones are nice - but sometimes heavy, and there are some fantastic fiberglass pots out on the market that are very lightweight - great for shipping)
3. A Live Plant ( E Bay, Home Depot, Lowes, Target , Orchard Supply and local nurseries are a great place to get healthy plants) They have indoor and outdoor plants:An exotic like orchid is a fun plant to give, and most stores will have them in stock.
4. Garden Art (flea markets, E Bay and boutiques are good places for garden art - There are all kinds of cutesy things to pick from - statuary to garden banners and wall plaques with beautiful sayings.)
5. Gardening Tools - good sprayers, diggers, pruners, and other tools are always appreciated by a gardener. You can even put together a basket with various tools and make a very cute presentation!
6. Bulbs (if your gardener likes to plant outside : bulbs are always a fun thing to give - It might be a plant your gardening recipient hadn't thought of planting, but that's OK, that's half the fun of gardening!)
7. A Painting or Artwork of a Garden Scene ( Monet's works have lots of garden scenes and flowers in them- lovely for a gardener!)
So here I've given you just a few thoughts of what to give that gardener on your Christmas list. Feel free to get creative with the list, mix and match, use the pot as a basket to put more items in (then wrap with gift basket wrap) You can hardly go wrong with anything you be-gift a gardener with as long as it's related to the process of planting!
And if you are on a very tight budget, that's OK because you can go out, purchase a few packs of seeds, put them in an inexpensive little wicker basket and voila: A Christmas Seed Basket! You'll be amazed at the oooh's and ahh's this simple little basket will get!
The Gift That Keeps on Giving....
Christmas can be a stressful time for some people, trying to figure out what to give to the person they love - or to a friend or co worker. Take some of of the stress out of your shopping by picking up garden gifts for your gardening friends, you'll be sure to make them happy, and who knows, one day when you are visiting them in your yard you may see the fruits of that gift that just keeps on giving!!
(OK so now that I've given you some ideas of what to buy for your gardening friends and family for Christmas - you know what to get me too !!)
(Dorsi Diaz is a freelance writer/publisher and an avid gardener. Look for more hubs on gardening by Dorsi here at HubPages)