Easy and Delicious, Warm Slow Cooker Recipes for Cold Weather
Doesn't have to be cold outside...
Whether the weather is turning colder or summer is approaching most of us are working or going to school during the day and there is always that question..what do i make for dinner? no matter how busy the day is. It is hard to find time to have a warm, delicious meal ready when you get home.
My Ninja 3-in-1 Slow Cooker is amazing!! I can't think of another word for it. I can prepare ever step of my slow cooking recipe using my Ninja. With a little bit of planning ahead and prep work, I am able to create meals that are ready to serve a short time after I return home, cold and hungry. The Slow Cooker also allows for the time I need to get settled, having a warm setting to keep the food ready but not overcooked.
And a wonderful side advantage of a Slow Cooker is how amazing your house smells as you walk in the door.
The Cookbook for the Ninja
Does it all!
When I say it does it all..it does! For instance...Beef Stew- with the Ninja I can...
- Brown the Stew Beef using the Stove Top feature.
- Slow cook the Stew Beef and remaining ingredients into a wonderful hearty Beef Stew.
This recipe did not call for it, but there is also the Oven feature on the Ninja.
Kraut n' Dogs
One very easy recipe to make is Kraut n' Dogs!
- 2 Packages of sauerkraut or you can use 2 cans.
- 2 Packages of hot dogs or a combination of links, wurst, and dogs
Place the sauerkraut in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add whichever type of meats you prefer. For small children hot dogs seem to be the preference; for the adults a smoked link or wurst is enjoyable. Give it a small shake of pepper and close the lid, you are done!
This can be prepared the night before, simply put the crock into the refrigerator until morning.
Plug in your slow cooker and set it to start 4 hours before you expect to eat. Make sure the setting is on LOW.
After that long day out, you will arrive to a home filled with wonderful aromas and dinner is ready.
The versatility of hamburger allows for a wondeful creation using the slow cooker.
- 2lb. lean burner, preferably 85%
- Taco seasoning mix
- 1 Chopped medium onion
- 1 Can Beef or Chicken broth
- 1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix
Combine the chopped onion and taco mix with the burger. Form into 5-7 large patties (steaks) with an even thickness.
In a large skillet, on high heat, brown the "steaks" then place on a plate. Add to the hot skillet the broth and mix in the Onion Soup mix, cook on high for a few minutes, scraping skillet as you do.
Pour mixture into your slow cooker, add the burger "steaks" and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Green Bean Casserole
For that holiday recipe, here is a way to make it easier:
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 14oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 10oz bags frozen green beans
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 2.8 oz can French-Fried onions
Mix together the soup, green beans, milk in your slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and half of the French-fried onions.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Top with remaining onions just before serving.
Now you have time for all those other wonderful holiday recipes while your traditional Green Bean Casserole cooks.
Pot Roast Rip 'n Tear
Purchase the leanest pot roast you can find, I usually look for an Eye of the Round.
- Add to a frying pan: Small amount of oil, the Pot Roast and a medium Onion sliced in rings. Sprinkle pepper, garlic and a tiny amount of salt if you choose. Brown the roast, making sure it is nice and browned on all sides.
- Put Mixture in your slow cooker, leaving frying pan on the stove. Add about a cup of water and 1/2 cup of red wine to your frying pan and turn heat high, scraping the frying pan as it boils. Add to slow cooker.
- Now you decide on which flavor you would like. You can add 2 cups of pasta sauce or a bottle of bar-b-que sauce to the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and allow for 8-10 hours on low. When you get home, your house's smells will knock you over with anticipation of flavors.Remove the crock from the slow cooker and take 2 forks, carefully begin to shred the meat into slivers. It will rip 'n tear easily after cooking in the slow cooker.
Have some fresh sandwich rolls ready, and ladle the meat mixture onto a roll. You can also choose not to shred but that tender meat will rip 'n tear on your plate, no knives necessary.
The taste is amazing and so warm and filling. Enjoy!
A Final Quick Slow Cooker use
Do you have dinner rolls, hamburger or hot dog rolls that need to be warmed a bit but the microwave heats them too much? Put your Slow Cooker on High and place the rolls in it when you get home. Once you sit down to dinner, the rolls will be a softly warmed vision.