- Home Appliances»
- Kitchen Appliances
Compact Refrigerator Information
Which do you consider as the best compact refrigerator?
Buying the Best Compact Refrigerator
Let’s face it – one of the best conveniences that modern living has to offer is cold beverages, ice cream, and other tasty, chilly treats. That is why it is not surprising that one of the first things that people want to invest in when they have their own office or dorm room is a compact refrigerator.
We all know that refrigerators are extremely useful at home, so why not bring the same comfort and convenience to your office? If you are interested in purchasing a new compact refrigerator, take a look at these tips so you will be able to get the best deal for your hard-earned money.
1. The first thing that you should do is to determine your actual needs before heading out to buy a new compact refrigerator. Do you need a freezer compartment, or just a fridge? How big is the space that you can dedicate for the new refrigerator?
Do you want bells and whistles, or just the basics? Determining your needs will help you whittle down specific brands and models when you go shopping for a new fridge. This will also help you figure out how much money you will have to set aside for this new acquisition.
2. Size is one of the deal-makers or deal-breakers when it comes to buying a new compact refrigerator. Make sure that you have sufficient vertical clearance in your office or room, as you may end up returning a compact fridge because it is too tall for your available space.
Most compact fridges are 3 cubic feet in height. If you are unsure, get a measuring tape and get the exact dimensions of the free space that you have in your office or room. That way, you can find a compact fridge that is a tad bit shorter or smaller than the actual space.
3. You probably don’t want to buy a red fridge if the rest of your office or room is pure white. Match the color of the new fridge with the existing colors of your space, so you won’t regret buying it. Sometimes, color does make it appear that you made a bad purchase.
4. Make sure that you take a peek inside the fridge before buying it. Does the fridge have enough shelves for all the stuff that you want to store in it? Does the door have extra compartments that you can use, too?
If you need lots of slots, compartments, and shelves, you may want to look at the bigger models as well as the smaller ones (the ones that are less than 3 cubic feet in height), as the smaller ones often do not have extra storage spaces.
The side door is the only place where the manufacturer can squeeze in that extra iota of value to the compact fridge, so it doesn’t hurt to buy a compact fridge that will allow you to store more.
5. No one likes to buy a cheap fridge that will break down in less than a year. Rusting and corrosion are also big issues, so be careful when choosing.
The best choice is still stainless steel. As for the shelves, plastic isn’t the best choice at all – go for either thick glass shelves or stainless steel shelves that can easily be removed for cleaning.
Finding a Good Deal on Compact Refrigerator Freezers
Do you live in a small flat or a similar compact area where the size of furniture and appliances matter? Or perhaps you are a student who is interested in getting a new compact refrigerator freezer, so you can keep food fresh in the dorm?
Whatever your actual needs are, it is important that you are aware of the basics of buying a new compact refrigerator freezer. In today’s discussion, I will be sharing with you some bits of wisdom, so you will be able to purchase the compact fridge of your dreams with all the features that you will love:
1. Location, location, location. – Do not go bargain hunting for a new fridge if you don’t know where to put it yet. If you have to move around some furniture, or even your table, do it so you will have a clear idea as to how much space you actually have for a new fridge.
Too often people rush to buy their new fridge, only to realize later that they do not actually have the space to accommodate it. Measure the space’s exact dimensions, and use this information so you can purchase an appropriately-sized fridge.
2. What type of fridge/freezer do you need? – There are three kinds of freezers on the market today: portable, chest, and upright. If you need a freezer that you can stow in your car or SUV, you definitely need a portable freezer.
This type of freezer can run on a special battery. Now, let us say that you love freezing fresh meats and even random leftovers. If you don’t have any problems with stacking stuff inside a small freezer, then you should get a chest freezer.
These freezers have a very simple design (you only have to lift the lid to get stuff you need), and they’re quite small, too. Chest freezers measure an average of 2 cubic feet, horizontally and vertically.
The third type of freezer, the upright freezer, is perfect for people who like the conventional design of full-sized fridges. The capacity of a compact upright fridge is the same as chest freezers.
3. Get your bonuses. – Fridge/freezer manufacturers are always thinking of new ways to entice more customers to buy their brand and not others. So, there is actually no shortage of value added features when you are shopping for a new fridge.
This being the case, pick a budget-friendly freezer/fridge that provides the features that you need. Here is a good example: let us say that you just love sitting down at the end of the day with an ice-cold glass of soda. You need ice for this, right?
Well, some fridges offer icemaker functionality. That’s right: even compact fridges can make ice cubes for you! Other basic value added features include more shelf space, door alarms, etc.
Don’t get carried away though; choose a brand that satisfies your actual needs. Some features are nice, but they really aren’t that relevant to the actual performance of the fridge. Remember this when you are shopping for a new compact fridge!
What is a Compact Dorm Refrigerator?
One of the best things about going away to college is having your own dorm room, which you can customize to fit your needs! While it is true that not all dorm rooms allow compact fridges, there is no stopping college students and university folks who can bring in their own furniture and appliances to their dorm rooms.
Then there’s also a segment of the population who work in home offices and also want their own fridges/freezers. Today’s discussion is all about fridges, and how you can buy a suitable one that is just perfect for the space that you have allotted for it:
1. Visualize. What exactly are you looking for in a compact refrigerator? What color are you interested in? Do you want a freezer, too? These are the essential questions that you have to ask yourself before buying a new compact fridge.
Feel free to list down the features that you want or need, so you will have a clear idea of what to actually buy. This way, you won’t end up buying a compact fridge that has too few or too many features for your liking.
2. Energy consumption. As much as possible, purchase a compact fridge that has an Energy Star seal. Appliances that have an Energy Star seal have been rigorously tested and certified as being efficient in consuming electricity.
This means you won’t have to worry about increasing power consumption as the compact fridge ages. Aging appliances nowadays don’t necessary consume more power than they should be utilizing, as long as they are really certified and they have the Energy Star seal.
3. Cube-type or conventional? A conventional compact fridge is upright and has side door compartments and shelves inside so you can organize all the beverages and food items that you want to keep cold.
Cube-type fridges are just that – smaller variants that open from the top (or front) that offer fewer features, and sometimes only have a few shelves for organizing food and beverages. If you only intend to store beer or cola, a cube-type, or chest-type fridge, is a good choice.
Cube-type fridges are less than 3 cubic feet in size, so you won’t have to worry about space constraints anymore. However, if two or more people are going to use the same compact fridge, a larger upright fridge is a better choice. Upright fridges offer more shelf space, and generally have more features, than cube-type fridges.
4. Function & features. As we have discussed earlier, you must be very clear on the features that you need before buying a new compact fridge. For example, if you rarely have enough time to manually defrost a fridge, you may want to buy a model that has an automatic defrost function.
If you have trouble finding stuff without a bright light, it is better if you can find a compact fridge with a built-in light, so you can find beverages and food more quickly whenever you reach into the fridge.
Making Life Easier with the Danby Compact Refrigerator
When a person sets out to buy a compact refrigerator, he is actually making a statement: he wants the comforts of home wherever he may be.
This is the main reason why many college students want compact refrigerators in their dorm rooms. It’s convenient, and it really is comforting if you can get a chilled can of soda or a bottle of cold water whenever you feel like it.
If you have limited space, but still want the best of what compact fridges have to offer, then you may want to check out the newest addition to the Danby line of compact fridges: the Danby DAR195BL Compact All-Refrigerator. Here are the best features of this great new compact fridge that was really built to please:
1. The Danby DAR195BL was made with your needs in mind. It features a unique, cube design that opens like an upright refrigerator. Normally, cube-type compact fridges only open from the top, as in the case of chest freezers.
But in the case of the Danby DAR195BL, the door was installed in front, so you can open the fridge easily and you can find things more quickly as well. Having an upright compact fridge also means you will be able to organize your food items more easily.
You can also remove the two top shelves if you want to create more space for large containers. The orientation of the shelves is completely up to you; change them to suit your needs.
This particular model features three shelf spaces with lots of room for bigger items. The side door on the other hand, is a treat in itself: there is a beverage dispenser called CanStor that can hold a total of six cans. Right beside the CanStor is large space that can easily accommodate a 2 or 3 liter bottle of soda.
2. The Danby DAR195BL was also built to consume only a small amount of power, compared to other power-hungry compact refrigerators. If you don’t have spare cash for a large utility bill, pick the Danby DAR195BL, because it will definitely help you cut down your electricity bills.
3. Another unique feature of this fridge is that manufacturer actually wants you to use its top as a table. The top section of the Danby DAR195BL was engineered to resist scratches and other common signs of wear, so you can place stuff on it and not worry. Feel free to place your books on top (just not all of them!) so you can really make this compact fridge a part of your college life!
4. If you are thinking of travelling with your compact fridge, you will be happy to know that the Danby DAR195BL also has its own batteries. Bring this cute, cube-type fridge to the beach and just enjoy the cold drinks all night long. You won’t have to leave your chilly beers or soda at home. Bring the whole fridge and have a party whenever and wherever.
The GE Compact Refrigerator: Big Things Come in Small Packages
If you have ever wanted a compact fridge that provides all the essential features of a conventional, upright refrigerator, then your best option is the GE WMR04GADBB Freestanding Full Refrigerator.
The GE WMR04GADBB is unlike other freestanding/upright compact fridges on the market today, because it provides a wide range of features that will surely captivate your own unique taste in compact appliances. Here are some of the key advantages of owning a GE WMR04GADBB today:
1. The GE WMR04GADBB has a compact freezer section at the very top, so you can store a moderate amount of fresh items, as well as make ice cubes if you are craving a really cold glass of your favorite beverage.
Just schedule the defrosting, turn off the thermostat and the GE WMR04GADBB will automatically defrost on its own. The GE WMR04GADBB will remain in active freezing mode for as long as you want, and when you’re ready to tidy things up in your new fridge, it’s also ready to defrost quickly, so you can get back to your routine.
2. Tired of twiddling with temperature controls that are hard to understand? GE has redesigned its own thermostat controls so you can easily choose the setting that you need instantly. The analog controls installed in every GE WMR04GADBB ensures that anyone can easily adjust the cooling level and power consumption of the compact fridge.
It has been proven that even moderate adjustments in a compact fridge’s thermostat over a period of months can help reduce power consumption. With the GE WMR04GADBB you can save time (by not twiddling with thermostat controls that make no sense) and money (over the long term!).
3. Actual storage is one half of the battle when it comes to purchasing compact fridges. Without great storage, a compact fridge can become a nuisance rather than a source of joy in the dorm or in your office.
What really makes the GE WMR04GADBB stand out is the fact that it’s taller than most compact fridges, and yet the shelves are all removable and adjustable.
That means you can change the order, and even number of shelves, so you can store anything that fits into the fridge’s interior. Say goodbye to squeezing into tight spaces – with the GE WMR04GADBB you don’t have to do that at all.
What about beverages? You can place your cans on the main shelves near the freezer compartment, or you can place them in the special storage slots located on the side door of the fridge.
4. A compact cube-type fridge only measure 2 cubic feet in total… The GE WMR04GADBB’s freezer section alone measures 2 cubic feet! So, technically, you are getting the storage capacity of two fridges with this particular model, with the same power consumption.
5. Having trouble fitting things into your dorm room or office? No problem! The GE WMR04GADBB has a streamlined design so you can place it near the wall with zero trouble. The two legs in front can also be adjusted so you can elevate or lower the unit as you see fit.
Haier Compact Refrigerator: Elegance & Power, Rolled Into One
One of the best things about the compact fridge market is that there are just so many brands competing for the attention of potential customers. This healthy competition ensures that companies and manufacturers are always on their toes when it comes to offering better features, and better value, to buyers.
In recent years, one particular compact fridge stood out in terms of value and features: the Haier HNSE04BB Refrigerator and Freezer. The Haier HNSE04BB is not an ordinary compact fridge – it’s actually an elegant, powerful addition to any space. Here’s why:
1. The Haier HNSE04BB comes with a built-in freezer compartment, and even has a convenient ice tray so you can make your own ice cubes in the office or in the dorm room.
Who says you can’t make ice with a compact fridge? With the Haier HNSE04BB, cold beverages become chillier and tastier with readily available ice that you can always grab before settling down to watch your favorite show on TV.
2. Some people say that compact fridges don’t look cool. The Haier HNSE04BB disproves this general idea by presenting a sleek, black color over a stainless steel construction.
Black has always been an elegant color, and the Haier HNSE04BB actually fits in regardless of the design and constraints of any space.
So, if you are looking for a compact fridge with a color that doesn’t clash with the paint or draperies, you’ve got a clear answer when you pick the Haier HNSE04BB.
3. The Haier HNSE04BB is compact enough for most dorm rooms, yet substantial enough to accommodate a large quantity of food and drinks. This compact fridge measures only 4 cubic feet, and opens from the front.
Fridges that open from the front generally mean good news: you will have access to extra storage space installed on the side doors! If you have a lot of stuff to store, an upright fridge with just the right height is a must-have.
4. Fitting stuff into a dorm room, or any other small space, isn’t easy. That’s why Haier has made sure that you will be able to squeeze in this dynamo of cooling power into your own personal space with little or no difficulty.
The legs of the Haier HNSE04BB can be adjusted easily, so if the vertical clearance in the space you have chosen is limited, you can lower it simply. If you have more space, or if you have a tough time bending low when getting stuff, you can elevate the Haier HNSE04BB as well.
5. The Haier HNSE04BB also has a built-in, adjustable thermostat that you can easily control to find that perfect setting for your beverages and food. If you don’t have that much stuff in the compact fridge, you can turn down the thermostat so you can save on power costs. If you are stocking up on some food items, just turn the dial up and the Haier HNSE04BB will do the rest for you.
6. Now you can enjoy more shelf space and better allowances with your compact fridge! The Haier HNSE04BB is one of the few compact fridges on the market that can easily accommodate large cola bottles with ease.