Considering Pool Landscaping Ideas
Endless Pool Landscaping Ideas
For many people a pool in the backyard is just the thing they want, however a lot of us don't actually consider how many pool landscaping ideas there are to choose from!
Just as your imagination pool landscaping ideas are endless, there are so many things to choose from and consider you want to make sure that you are aware of them before you start purchasing anything or getting into to much detail.
Pool Landscaping Ideas: Important Stuff To Consider
While finding pool landscaping ideas is normally easy, making pool landscaping choices isn't always that easy, it can be quite time consuming and take a lot more planing then a lot of people think it can! There are so many choices to choose from when it comes to finding pool landscaping ideas:
- Size of the pool
- Shape of the pool, lots of different shapes are available
- How deep is your pool going to be?
- Will there be a shallow end or is it all the same depth?
- Will your pool have pool lights? Steps? Ladders?
- What kind of pool cover do you want to have will it be electric?
Pool Landscaping Ideas: Pool Decks & Things To Look Out For
Some people do things such as putting flower beds around their pools, and a lot of people trees, trees can provide shade for swimming during the day however only some trees are good for putting next to pools A lot of tree are high maintenance and messy requiring to clean your pool a LOT more often then normal.
A lot of people think they have everything perfect, their pool landscaping ideas came just right and have now put them into action have everything built and ready just to find out they didn't consider a few important aspects to the maintenance and pleasure of their pool.
A few things you want to look out for are:
- Messy trees
- Rain or drainage water that may run into your pool
- Grass to close to your pool can make muddy messes and grass clippings in the water are a few of the most common things
When coming up with pool landscaping ideas people can forget that a stone area around the pool can be a very good thing. The stone area also known as a pool deck! If you have grass around getting in and out will not only kill the grass, make a big muddy mess but also allow grass clipping into the pool along with more bugs too. You want to make sure the stone you are using isn't too rough but slippery is very bad as well for reason we all know. ;) Making sure that your pool deck is not slippery, and cool to walk on are musts, stones bricks marble even.
Pool Landscaping Ideas: About Pool Fencing
Another thing you will want to consider when coming up with your pool landscaping ideas is fencing around your pool, especially if kids or pets are around a pool fence that is properly locked and kept can be a life saver, literally.
Consider what kind of fencing you would want, and which go along with the pool landscaping ideas you already have set out.
- Wood fences are usually bad because the rot easily
- Stone walls prevent people in the pool from being seen which can also be dangerous
- The most common and best choice is a vertical bar fence, this is strong, sturdy, and if properly cared for will stay nice. Make sure you get bar fencing that is rust resistant and learn how to care for your fencing.
Ending Notes About Finding Pool Landscaping Ideas
These are just a few things to consider when coming up with awesome pool landscaping ideas! Make sure that you research everything you want and know it's requirements.
Measure the pros and cons of everything along with considering how your pool landscaping ideas fit in with the design of your backyard!