- Home Appliances
Grilling Vegetables On a George Foreman Grill
I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes. Does that song get your mouth watering for a big juicy hamburger? For me every time I hear this Jimmy Buffet song I long to run out to Burger King, Wendy’s or McDonalds. But then I think no it is just not the healthy choice.
George Foreman "The Healthier Choice"
Hamburgers fried or barbecued are good, but lately the best way I like them cooked is Foremanized. You may be wondering what the heck foremanized is. Cooking on a George Foreman Grill of course. With this method of cooking I get to eat a hamburger, do not have to worry as much about the fat content, therefore feeling less guilty about eating a burger, and I can see all that grease escape and collect in the handy dandy grease catchers under the grill.
Best Things About Using a George Foreman Grill
- The taste is great.
- Food cooks faster than in the frying pan or on the barbecue.
- I can use it all year round right on the kitchen counter.
- No more treading through the snow in the winter to brush off the barbecue.
Pork Loin Chops With a Pepper and Tomato Topping cooked on a George Foreman grill.
Not Just For Hamburgers
I use my George Foreman grill quite a bit for other foods as well. Steaks, pork chops, lamb chops, shrimp and vegetables. The list is endless to what you can make on these grills.
One of my favorite things to cook on this grill would be vegetables.
- 1 large onion sliced thick
- 1 large green pepper cut in chunks
- 1 large red pepper cut in chunks
- 6 mushrooms sliced thick
- 1 zucchini sliced thick
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning or any type of seasoning you prefer
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl making sure everything is covered with the oil.
- Heat your grill, then place contents of the bowl on the grill and close and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
I use my grill so often that I have taped on the inside of one of my kitchen cabinet door a chart, like the one shown here. One day while my step-sister was visiting she saw the chart taped there and said to me "Who's George, is that the person you bought the house from". My reply was no just me being organised its for my George Foreman grill.
Cooking Chart For the George Foreman Grill
FOOD COOKED AT 360F DEGREES
Burgers 3/4" Thick
Burgers 1" Thick
Frozen Burgers 3/4" Thick
Frozen Burgers 1" Thick`
Frozen Chicken Breast
Sausages 1/2" Thick
T-Bone Steak 3/4" Thick
4 - 5 minutes