Copper vs. Stainless - Your Kitchen Sink
Designing your kitchen, bath or bar area can bring about various questions involving style, appeal, and functionality. Every answer to a question directly affects another question, making the list ever-growing. For example, "If I choose dark cabinets in my kitchen, what kind of backsplash do I go with?", "If I go with stainless steel appliances, which kind of metal should I choose for the sink?" As you can tell, the list goes on and designing your home can turn into quite the process.
As you progress through the design process, choosing the right kitchen sink will bring about questions of it's own. If a metal sink is desired, one can be asked to choose between copper or stainless steel. While both options are desirable, choosing one over the other will prove a better fit for certain home owners.
Keep in mind that not every manufacturer crafts sinks the same way. Havens Metal uses strictly the highest quality of metal available: 14-gauge USA melted 99.9% pure copper and stainless steel that has never been recycled. The below information applies only to a Havens sink, we do not speak on behalf of other manufacturers.
Let's take a look at some of the characteristics for each of these metals:
- Naturally ages to give the sink a unique look, which changes over time.
- Antimicrobial properties allow the copper to kill harmful microbes in less than two hours, which makes for a cleaner food prep area.
- Self-healing patina allows the finish to restore itself regardless of what the metal is exposed to (acidic foods, abrasive cleaners, metal pots and pans).
- Extremely durable, heavy duty 14 gauge metal. Copper is one of the oldest metals known to man.
- Made from USA melted 99.9% pure copper (the highest quality copper available).
- Very easy to clean and maintain. All that is needed for cleaning is a soapy sponge.
- No need to dry or wax the sink after using it, the copper restores itself.
Stainless Steel Sinks
- Metal doesn't change over time and maintains the same appearance
- Crafted using heavy duty 14 gauge Stainless Steel
- Visually compliments a modernistic or contemporary designed kitchen
- Extremely resilient to acidic foods, abrasive cleaners and metal pots.
- Very easy to clean and maintain (a soapy sponge will do the trick).
- Made from USA melted 99.9% pure stainless steel (the highest quality stainless available).
The full Collection of Havens Copper and Stainless Steel Sinks can be found using this link: Havens Metal