- Home Improvement
Do-It-Yourself Wireless Home Security Systems
You can increase the safety of your home for you and your family by installing a home security system. There are many different home security systems on the market. You can choose from ones that are professionally installed or you can easily install one yourself. By having an active home security system in your home you can have peace of mind especially while you are sleeping!
Types of Home Security Systems
You can purchase a wireless home security systems for your home for a reasonable price online. The price will vary depending on the type of system features you wish to have. The average price will range between $50 and $200, although it can cost more. The first thing you should do is sit down and figure out exactly how many sensors for doors and windows you will need and determine what type of extra features you want to have included for the optimal security you feel that you need.
You can also choose to have a security company install a security system in your home. This can cost more because you will incur monthly fees for them monitoring your home. ADT is a company that offers home security monitoring along with many others.
You can also save money on your homeowner's insurance by installing a security system in your home.
TEL-LED Wireless Burglar Proof Alarm System
We purchased a Do-It-Yourself Wireless Alarm System a few months ago. We paid around $180.00 dollars for a complete home system that included sensors for the windows and doors, three motion sensors, a sensor that can detect shattered glass, a smoke alarm, and the key pad. It stated in the directions that it would take approximately two hours to install. It took me slightly under two hours to have everything activated, tested, and installed.
The first step is to activate each individual sensor before installing them on the windows and doors. Once everything is activated you can easily install each sensors where they belong. The sensors have a double-sided adhesive stripe that holds firmly to the sensor and the window frame and/or door frame. If you have trouble with the sensor holding firmly to the surface you can also use a small screw through the back panel of the sensor to hold it place. We had to do this on both of our door frames.
The motion sensors are great for areas of the home that should have no movement during the time the alarm is active. We have one placed in our basement because during the evening hours while we are sleeping no one is using that space. We have two other motion sensors that we are not currently using because we do not have any areas that can utilize them. You can get sensors that will only detect movement from pets or people over 30 pounds, unfortunately ours only sense motion that is not weight specific, so our animals would constantly set them off during the night.
The smoke detector will sound the alarm if smoke is detected inside of the home where it is located. The glass detector will sound the alarm if anyone was to smash a window to gain entry to our home.
Basic Overview of a Wireless Home Security System
- Multi modes that allow you to set different areas into different zone within the keypad system. This will allow you to have all sensors working at once or different areas at different times of the day.
- Delay mode - This mode is essential for reentering the home when the alarm is set. It will allow to disarm the system within 30 seconds without sounding the alarm.
- Emergency Mode - This mode is for the smoke and gas detectors.
- Intelligent Mode - This mode usually is set for the inside places where the people inside will not trigger certain sensors.
- Intelligent micro-computer automatically controls dialing alarm system. In total they can usually hold 6 stored groups of telephone numbers. They can also be connected to a monitoring alarm center that can immediately handle the alarm by contacting the local authorities.
- Wireless Arm and Disarm - This function allows you to remotely control the alarm system via any telephone.
- The system should have a telephone line anti-cut alarm function, if the telephone line is cut the siren will sound.
This is a basic overview of features you will want your alarm system to include.