Best Result, Easy Cleaning
Quick and Easy Cleaning Tips
Get Organized-Best Results with Minimal Maintenance
The five minute pick up system, and no this is not how to pick someone up in five minutes or less! This is about getting your house in order in a hurry. I have used this method now of twenty years, and I love it! the five minute pick up is:
• 1 Start with a room, set a timer for five minutes
• 2 Wipe off, pick up, put away and straighten up everything you can in the five minute time period.
• Remember this is just a basic pick up, not a deep cleaning
• 4 Five minutes are longer than you think and you can achieve a lot
• 5 You will feel better about yourself and your home when things are picked up
• 6 When your five minute pick up is done you can start your day's projects such as work, school, shopping and return home with everything in order.
Make the five minute pick up a daily habit. At first it may take some effort to get in the habit, but soon it will become second nature to you. This can be done at any time of the day I prefer mornings, but some people prefer to do it before bed.
There are things that need to be done everyday things like cook, wash clothes, five minute pick up washing dishes etc. Write down your Have To List and be specific do not just say cook, create a menu for the week. Decide what is for dinner early so you can plan. Planning can save you time, money and aggravation in the long run. You spend a good amount of time on buying, storing and preparing meals, so prepare them to make things easier for yourself.
Velzipmur aka Shelly Wyatt
Maintaining Your Cleaning Equipment
Wash your broom in soapy water when it gets really dirty. Store your broom upside down to keep the bristles from bending.
You should always rinse your floor mops, they do not need any extra washing. Store the head of the mop in a plastic bag to keep head from drying out and warping.
Steel Wool Pads
Keep these in soapy water to keep them from rusting or wrap them in aluminum foil. Cut them in half so they go farther and save you money.
Old Tooth Brushes
Save your old tooth brushes and keep them in your cleaning kit, they will come in handy to clean those hard to reach places.
Your Cleaning Routine
Everyone should have some kind of cleaning routine. This will help you to stay on top of things so that you will not feel overwhelmed.
Kitchen and Bathroom should be cleaned everyday.
I begin by airing out the room if at all possible. Then I dust, getting the higher surfaces first working my way around the room. Last, I vacuum/sweep the floor.
Every few months give the whole house a thorough cleaning. Wash the curtains, shampoo the carpet, clean the walls and closets. Getting rid of anything that is no longer of any use to you.
Stop the disposal from getting smelly by grinding up orange peels in them. Always clear away food debris by pouring a bucket of hot water and baking soda down in them every now and then.
Plastic containers can be used for a variety of things. An empty butter dish can be used to store leftovers.
Plastic bags can be used as trash can liners.
Reuse your aluminum foil, wipe with a damp cloth and smooth out.
Sink drains need to be cleaned weekly. Boiling hot water with washing soda will help keep the drain clean.
Do not pour grease and fat in your drain, but if you have to follow it with washing soda and boiling water.
To get rid of burnt food smell, boil a lemon in a saucepan to clear the air.
For fried food smell place a bowl of vinegar next to the stove when you cook.
Velzipmur aka Shelly Wyatt
Quick Bathroom Cleaning Tips
The bathroom it the nastiest and most used room in the home. So, how do you manage to keep yours clean?
Well, let me share with you how I keep mine clean.
- When I enter the bathroom I take with me a small trash bag, to collect any trash that may be laying around.
- I feel very strongly about a clean toilet, so I will pour one cup of bleach in the bowl, swirl it around and let it sit for about five minutes while I move on to something else.
- I love to use vinegar, I have a spray bottle with equal parts water and vinegar for shining up the sink, and the tub fixtures.
- You can use the vinegar/water solution to wipe down other things, like the back of the toilet. The vinegar smell goes away as the solution dries.
- Take a look around the bathroom to see if anything else is needed, gather the trash and you're done!
Cleaningview quiz statistics
How to professionally clean your home
Clean with Vinegar
- Cleaning With Lemon Juice : Home Improvement : DIY Network
DIY Network explains the 8 different ways to use lemon juice for cleaning.
- Quick and Easy Kitchen Cleaning Tips
I have spent 27 years in school food service and I have taken many classes on food safety, sanitation, food handling, nutrition you name it I took classes on it! In this article I will point out the difference between clean and sanitized and provide
For the bathroom sink, pour bleach down the drain once a week.
Shower door can be cleaned with vinegar to remove hard water stains. Wipe the doors down with white vinegar and leave on for 30 minutes, then rinse.
Showerheads: take them off when you notice build up and clean with white vinegar. If it is clogged soak in a bowl of warm undiluted vinegar. Use a tooth brush to clean blocked holes.
To remove smells from the bathroom strike a match or burn a candle. The flame burns away bad smells.