Homemade *1 Gallon* Liquid Laundry Soap
1 cup Grated Ivory bar soap or 1/2 cup Fels Naptha
1/3 cup Borax Detergent Booster
1/3 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
You Will Also Need:
1 Gallon container *used detergent jug*
1 Gallon of water
Ready For a SUPER Savings?!?
This one is for those of us who really don't want to make 5 gallons of laundry soap at a time ;D. I make my laundry soap 1 Gallon at a time. You can always start with a bigger laundry jug do a little math and make a little more. For now this is how I make my 1 Gallon soap. :D Enjoy.
*Note to viewers*
Making your own soap this way is a huge savings! I buy the cheaper laundry soap anyway. I usually purchase the 1 Gallon Xtra 2x Laundry Detergent which is usually only $6. Buying all the Ingredients you see here is about $7 total. The Borax makes about 47 gallons while the washing soda makes 40. In all reality your getting a minimum of 39 gallons of laundry detergent for FREE. ;D. Hey! that's not bad! And you know what? Its actually fun to make :D.
Lets Get Started!!
1. Grate a cup of Ivory bar soap. Which is a little more then half of the bar. *Using the whole bar won't hurt.*
2. Pour some water in your pan from your Water jug. It doesn't really matter how much you pour, as long as its enough to dissolve your ingredients.
3. Put the stove just below medium. Be sure that you don't allow your mixture to ever boil. We just need it warm enough to dissolve.
4. Pour in your grated soap while stirring and stir until dissolved. *Stir carefully, you don't want a bubbly mess, I also suggest using a whisk!*
5. Do the same with the 1/3 cup Borax and 1/3 cup Washing soda.
6. Continue to stir and heat until the mixture thickens to a syrup. Remove from heat.
7. Pour the rest of the water from your gallon into your storing jug using your funnel.
8. Slowely add your heated mixture.
9. Shake well. YOU DID IT! remember to shake well before every use. All you need is 1/2 cup per load. ;D