How To Chose The Best Real Estate Agent
There are so many choices!
Whether you are a buyer or a seller, there are many real estate agents to chose from no matter what city you live in. Making the decision on who to work with can be a tough one as the right agent could potentially either make or break a sale. Here are some ways to begin searching for an agent:
What do I do once I narrow it down?
Once your have a few agent's name in hand, you will need to start interviewing them as if they were being hired for a job (which they are if you really think about i!). You are going to be paying that agent a commission either on the purchase or selling of your home, so they need to perform their job to the best of their ability and represent you and your needs during this process. Here are some questions you should ask your agent:
- Do you work full-time as an agent?
- How long have you been in the real estate business?
- How many listings have you had over the last year?
- How many listings have you sold over the last year?
- Have you ever had any complaints from any clients?
- Can you provide references from both buyers and sellers?
- What can you offer to me that another agent won't or can't?
- (If you are selling a home) What kind of advertising will be done to promote my home?
In the end...
Ultimately, you will want an agent that also listens to your needs, accommodates to your schedule, and one that can provide additional services (such as setting up inspections, works with attorneys, and can refer you to lenders).
A good agent will be enthusiastic about helping you buy or sell your home. They will also have high standards of honesty, integrity, professionalism, and respect for not only their clients but also their co-workers and teammates who they depend on in the office.