How To Clean House By 10 Layers
Cleaning house layer by layer
by Candace Green
People are always trying to find more time-efficient ways to clean house. Every year the television,Internet,radio and bill boards are flooded with ads for a new gadget that will help get the house cleaner. Yes, there are many helpful and unique housework tools out there, but too many times they end up in the garage unused.
THERE IS NO MAGIC THAT WILL CLEAN YOUR HOUSE. As hard as it is to admit to ourselves there is work involved......WAIT A MINUTE!!! Don't Panic! I have four wild kids, a new baby and sometimes messy husband; so I am not one of those gallery ladies with the white gloves, lips poked out and nose in the air. You are reading after a REAL PERSON who has to fight REAL MESS. Here is some dirt simple tips that will help you to keep from feeling overwhelmed next time the human tornadoes hit your house. Stay cool and take it one step at a time, you will be surprised how quick it will get done.
P.S. Green Tea always helps :.)
What does it mean to clean layer by layer?
We all know that no robot is not going to keep things tidy and most of us cannot afford a live in maid so we have to face reality and come to grips with what works for us.
Sometimes I feel like I am shoveling snow in a blizzard so I have had to develop a plan to out run my kids. If you can keep the house to the point you can have it ready in an hour or two for company I'll score you a good one, but not everyone has the perfect calm clean freak kids and husband that you have and we are ready for STRATEGY.
STRATEGY: Cleaning house layer by layer does not mean it's a foot high or that you're nasty....no no no!
In-fact I have a whole other opinion for the nasty NO EXCUSE!!!
"Layer By Layer"
1.Trash: Get a large trash bag and empty all the cans in the house. Set the bag aside your'e not through.
2. Laundry: I know that's an ugly word, but it's a fact of life. Gather all the dirty laundry from every room in the house and truck it or haul it to the laundry room. Start up a load. If you do laundry as you clean house pausing to put away load after load, you will probably have that done by the end of the day. After laundry is caught up continue every-time there is a load. I get behind because I seem to blot it out or put off the folding. I have found if I fold while they are still hot and fluffy out of the dryer it stays caught up because I am reminded to put in another load.
Tip: Use nice smelling fabric softer. The clean fresh scent will make you feel productive and happy:)
3. Dishes: Whether doing them by hand or loading the dishwasher, dishes can be a pain to keep up. I am talking layers now not perfection:.) So go gather any dishes that could be anywhere in the house (could be dangerous:). Attack the dishes, load them or wash them; just get them out of the way and put up.
Tip: Assigning cups and making rules about washing as you go always helps as well.
4. TOYS: Toys could be anywhere in the square footage of your home. Take the toy quest and put all toys in designated rooms. No, I did not say in there places, just their rooms.
5. Beds: Clear all the beds off, fold excess blankets and make the beds. It's relaxing to see one clear space in each bedroom.
Things will be looking much better by now.
6. Kitchen and Dining: Time to finish cleaning. Get your trash bag and remove all trash located anywhere left in the kitchen and dining room. Clear counters and dining table from anything foreign and clutter. Spray and clean. Clear floors, sweep and mop. Two rooms complete!!! Yeah!!
7. Living room: Finish clearing what's left on the floor, grab the polish and start shining.
8. Bathroom: Finish clearing floor. Start the sanitizing and cleaning everything. Go get the fresh used mop and finish.
9. Bedrooms: Toy rooms will seem more messy because you just tossed the loose ones in there, but won't pale in comparison to the time you saved in the rest of the house. Having toy boxes for the large, medium, small and plastic drawers for the tiny things makes things get done quicker and look better. Put all toys away. Get the trash bag and throw away any trash you see.Straighten up anything else out of place. Hang up any clean clothes lying around. Almost done.
Adult bedrooms are done the same way (minus the toys) unless there is a master bath. The master bath can be cleaned at the same time the guest bath to get it over with.
10. Vacuum: You thought I was leaving out a BIG part of housework? No, I just save this until last to prevent from having to keep redoing while the rest of the house is being cleaned. Vacuum the whole house.... Scan everywhere and dust as needed..
Tip: Using candles or fragrance warmers while you clean complement your hard work with mood-lifting fragrance enjoyment.
Wow! A clean house is possible and quick.
I have found that the cleaning house in layers has cut my housework time in half and keeps me from overwhelmed at least most of the time. There is no PERFECT miracle to cleaning house or preventing messes that are sure to happen, but this is a tried proven FREE method that will give you the BOOST you need.
INSPECTION: After the house is clean turn yourself into an inspector. Don't let your hard work go down the drain. If you clean in layers everyday and inspect every room for foreign objects or unexplainable messes you will be surprised at the end of the week your house still looks good and would be ready for unexpected company.
Oh my goodness,being one of five children, it was amazing how quick everyone pitched in stuffed, hid and swiped everything clean when we had a call that company was on the way. There is power in pressure, so if you're just completely unmotivated try inviting someone over, just allow yourself a little time.