How To Make A Cell Phone/MP3 Charging Station
Importance Of A Cell Phone Charging Station In Reducing Clutter
Clean rooms matter a lot to the functional well-being of a household. Clutter busting in your home is one way to reduce stress in all members of the household. Clutter is unsightly, contributes to negative well-being, saps your energy when you have to continually search for needed items amongst the clutter and reduces your focus on more important tasks.
Do you have cell phone chargers stored in drawers and on desk tops? Do you have charging cords for other devices hanging out of wall plugs? It is time to take control of the clutter of cords for all your devices using inexpensive items you might already have on hand,
A mobile charging station is a great way to store devices while they charge. It is also a great way to reduce unwanted cord clutter in the home. How many times have you picked up your cell phone only to find it has little to no charge? A mobile phone charging station provides a convenient and attractive place to leave your phone after work each day or before you go to bed for charging each night.
Having a freshly charged cell phone each morning is a stress reliever. You won't miss that important client call, a call from your kids' school telling you they're sick and need to be picked up or that call from your boss calling to inform you of a last minute meeting.
- wooden utensil rack (preferably with openings at the back),
- 3-6 outlet power strip
- twist ties
- label maker
Mini Power Strip
Wooden Flatware Holder
Assembling A Cell Phone Charging StationClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Using the twist ties, attach the power strip to the back side of the wooden utensil rack, near the bottom (make sure to leave room when positioning the power strip so that the twist ties can pass through the spaces on either side of the power strip).
- Create one label for each cell phone/MP3 that will use this charging station.
- Attach the labels to the top inside of the wooden utensil rack to indicate the charging position of each device.
- Plug the charging cord into the appropriate outlet of the power strip.
- Wrap excess cord into a tight bundle and attach to the back of the wooden utensil rack with a twist tie just above the power strip.
- Place the charging station in its desired location (preferably in a high traffic area or your bedroom to encourage daily device recharging) and plug into a wall outlet.
- Now, it is easy to charge your phones/devices each night or whenever required at home.
The Cell Phone Charging Station Is Only The First Step
Creating a cell phone charging station is only one step in creating a clutter free or low clutter household. Loose power cords and devices charged haphazardly around the home lead to lost parts and frustration when you forget where a needed power cord or device was left. If there is a designated place for each activity, including charging devices, it is more likely those activities will be accomplished when needed. You won't forget to take your cell phone with you when rushing out of the house in the morning because it is waiting for you every day in its station, fully charged and ready to receive that all important call or text. A clutter free house works like a well-oiled machine. Everything is easy to find, it encourages necessary tasks to be accomplished and reduces stress for all occupants. Create a cell phone/MP3 charging station and begin to take control of the clutter in your home.