How to Make Your Own Disinfectant Wipes
Saving A Bit Of Green While Being Green!
I love how handy disinfectant wipes are, but I really dislike anything disposable. Every time I threw one away, I swear I heard a tiny green fairy wailing in agony. Well, now she can dry her tears, because I found a way to keep my handy disinfectant wipes, help the environment,and save money. Win-win...oh, and win!
You will need:
- 1 used disinfectant wipe container
- 1 package microfiber cloths or all-purpose cloths, (automotive section of Wal-mart)
- 40 drops essential oil, tea tree
- 1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
Why Tea Tree and Vinegar?
Tea Tree and vinegar are all-natural and very effective disinfectants, especially Tea Tree, which has strong anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
- First, take 5 cloths, lay them on top of each other, then tightly roll up the cloths.
- Stuff the them into your container the best you can.
- Add 1/2 cup of vinegar, and push the rags down to soak up the liquid. Then put your 40 drops of Tea Tree oil into your 1/2 cup of water and pour into the container. Push the rags down again to soak up. Put the lid back on, and pull your cloths from the middle. Voila! You have your homemade, reusable disinfectant cloths!
Wash the cloths in warm or hot cycle and tumble dry on high.
You can use these wipes for:
- Cleaning up spills
- Wiping down kitchen counters
- Cleaning bathrooms/showers
- Mopping (just attach them onto your swifter as you would the dispose ones!)
- Drying Green Fairys' tears. (Just kidding. Tea tree and Vinegar would sting her eyes!)