How to identify garage door problems
Garage Door Broken Spring
Garage Door Repair
Just as it is with every other thing in life, maintenance and care is essential and so does your garage door needs maintenance.
When a garage door begins to show faulty signs, then it is better to act fast so as to avoid the issue escalating further and save cost of huge repair expenses at the end.
Imagine a broken garage door and the trouble it could cause the home with regards to security or vehicle movement inaccessibility.
This article reveals common garage door problems and how to identify them. Once noticed, simply contact an expert to help fix it. You can contact us to help you fix them up the same day and professionally.
1. When a cable is frayed, it may cause serious injury or death. When this is noticed, please contact an expert.
2. When you notice that the garage door doesn't open smoothly but opens in a jerky motion or with loud noises. This is a situation that may be due to a lack of maintenance of the garage door or garage door opener. Also please contact an expert for a general check-up.
3. When the garage door falls too quickly whenever it is lowered can also be an issue not to be overlooked as it could result to injury for those folks opening or closing it. It is a regular problem caused by broken cables or tense loosened springs. Never replace springs or cables on your own but please contact an expert to help you out - as there are several safety hazards related to replacing garage door springs without the proper equipment or knowledge.
4. When the remote control door opener also refuses to function, that can be a problem you shouldn't ignore. After you must have checked it up yourself with changing of batteries or switches and the door still doesn't open or close correctly, then you could try checking the cables and clearing the tracks. If the problem still persists, it means you may have to replace the garage opener motor or sensors. Note that this can be safely done by an expert only.
5. When the remote button poses a problem and you have to press it repeatedly to function, please contact an expert to help find out why the button is not working in the right way.
6. Motor problems are issues you can't take for granted too as it is observed in certain cases to still be working even after the door is already opened. In this scenario, the switch for limiting open/close action should be replaced and your best bet is to contact an expert.
7. If your garage door spring balance is having issues too, please do not hesitate to contact an expert as if you try to handle it alone, it may cause an accident.
8. Also, it has been noticed that during winter periods, doors do not work easily as it does during summer seasons. This may be an issue related to rust spots caused by salt used during the winter to melt ice and snow or a chemical splatter from a driveway cleaner. Contact an expert to help care for this also.
With all of the above highlighted, it is good to carry out general maintenance of your garage door regularly as this will save you undue expenses now and in the future.