How to keep clean- Your Kitchen
Neat and shining work place
Why and how should I keep my kitchen clean?
I can't work in the kitchen if it is clumsy and dirty. Maybe, it requires some of your energy and time in keeping your kitchen neat and clean. But keeping a clean workplace gives you enjoyment in working. Unclean work platform and stumbling upon things gives a lot of tension and headache and decreases your efficiency in concentrating on the quality of the food that you cook. So the need arises to maintain the kitchen as clean and neat as possible so that you can put forth all your attention on the food you cook.
I would like to share here some of my experiences and methods of keeping the kitchen neat and clean and other tips for arranging your kitchen items neatly in racks and cupboards.
Cleaning tools images
Use of kitchen cleansing tools
How do you keep clean your kitchen?
Tools required for keeping the kitchen clean
There are some simple aids or tools that you need in keeping your kitchen workplace neat and shining. Most important are
- cleaning soap, either bar soap or powder or liquid as per your convenience. I use my Vim bar for this purpose.
- scrubbing pad for applying soap and scrubbing the places to clean from dirt.
- steel scrubber for removing extra dirt spots and marks.
- rough cleaning cloth of cotton preferably for cleaning and washing after applying soap and scrubbing.
- Besides above some other tools may be required for removing hard dried sticky food marks around walls and stoves. You can use your kitchen appliances such as the spatula, spoon, etc. for scratching the sticky substances while cleaning your kitchen.
- You may require some long sized very thin tools for cleaning your kitchen sink like an iron rod, hard steel wire or even the broomsticks.
Illustrative images of kitchen cleaningClick thumbnail to view full-size
Cleaning instructions for your kitchen
- Start with cleaning the stove. If it is not sticky and oily, you can clean with a simple wet cloth.
- Remove the frames or burner stands and then clean the stove neatly with the wet cloth. If it is sticky and oily, you need to apply soap with the scrubbing pad and scrub thoroughly.
- Sometimes, the food stuff might have dried up and hard to remove. Then, you need to soak the spots for a minute and then scrub with the steel pad and foam pad. You can apply your fingernails also for scratching purpose. After removing the stuff, you can apply the wet cloth and clean it thoroughly.
- Clean the entire sides of the stove and repeat the wet cloth process again to make it neat and shining.
- Now, clean the frames of the burner. They also can be cleaned with the soap for removing oil and other stuff and wash under the tap with water thoroughly.
- At times, the burner also gets oily or dirty due to overflowing or spilling of stuff while cooking. For example, the cooker whistle does not stop and it overflows and spills around even on to the walls. So, you need to clean the burner also on such occasions.
- You can apply soap to the burner top and wash it under the tap thoroughly. But, regarding the fixed part of burner bottom, you can't use water and soaps in that manner. It requires much care. You can rub and clean it with a wet cloth that may not make the burner wet but only cleans the dirt and other stuff from it. You can apply your wet fingers also in cleaning it.
- After cleaning all the accessories, replace them duly rubbed with a dry cloth.
- You may need to clean the walls also around your stove which have become dirty and sticky with emissions from cooker and other stuff.
- Apply soap foam on the walls and scratch with the steel scrubber and the foam pad and remove the stains and dirty stuff. Then clean again with the wet cloth to give a shine.
- Now, you can clean the whole platform with a wet cloth and, if necessary with some soap.
- After cleaning of the platform, the next step is to clean the sink.
- Remove all the utensils from the sink either by washing them or placing them outside to be washed by the maid.
- Apply soap and clean well with steel and foam scrubbers. If anything is stuck in the holes of the sink, remove it with any instrument like a spoon, spatula or even the broomsticks and other things or even with your hand and flush thoroughly with water. If you like to make it shine, you can apply another wash with soap.
- On completion of all these processes, you will be happy to see everything very clean and shining as shown in the above images.
Arranging things neatly in the kitchen
How to arrange things neatly in your kitchen
The above images give you some ideas as to keeping things neatly arranged in your kitchen without spreading them open all around.
- Fix a steel rack nailed to your walls, if there is any shortage of cupboards and other built-in-racks. Arrange all your items neatly in them so that they are available to you easily on each requirement.
- Keep all kitchen stores items in the closed-racks, if possible, and in easily identifiable containers.
- Some items like oil, ghee, milk etc. which are more often used during your kitchen work can be placed on a paper in one corner of the platform preferably nearer to the stove. This avoids spilling them while utilising. I keep my cleaning soap and pad also there to keep them clean and hygienic from other users.
- Some big utensils and containers of rice or any other storage can't be put in racks or on the kitchen platform. So you can keep them in corners of the kitchen so that they do not come in your way while moving.
Images of Kitchen Racks and cupboards
Add your own ideas of Keeping the kitchen clean
In this article, I have provided you all my experiences in keeping the things neat and clean with some illustrations to give you an idea of the picture. But you must think over it according to your own circumstances and incorporate other ideas also that may be more suitable to you in keeping your kitchen clean.
So, have a good day and a nice kitchen for you.