How to remove stains from carpet
Here's a recipe for making your own carpet stain remover. I saw this on TV once...
- Dawn diswashing liquid
- Hydrogen peroxide (the 3% solution from drug stores is perfect)
Mix one part Dawn dishswashing liquid with one part hydrogen peroxide in a bottle. Shake the bottle for 60 seconds. This mixture will get fizzy so be careful and allow for space in your mixing bottle for expansion.
You always need to test a stain remover before using it on your entire carpet. On a hidden area of your stained carpet, try out the removal power of this mixture.
- Squirt a small amount of the Dawn-Peroxide combo over the stain. (You do not need a lot of cleaner.)
- Use a damp sponge to massage the cleaner into the rug.
- Let the solution sit on the spot for 60 seconds.
- Remove the cleaner with a clean, damp sponge.
If you are happy with the results and the mixture does not damage your carpet, proceed to use the formula on the obivious stain.