Tips For Getting Rid of Insects
Deal With Insects Head On!
13 Ways To Get Rid of Bugs
1. Seven Dust: If you have problems with Japanese Bettles, a good, common and easy thing to use is, seven dust. Sprinkle the seven dust on the flowers (rose bushes) and on all your veggies and fruits in your garden to kill bugs on contact. This powder will last until it gets rain or water on it. You should only need seven dust occasionally because before long you will have bugs handled with blossoming marigolds.
2. Marigolds: Plant these flowers near your front and back door to repel flies and bugs. Also, planting marigolds in the center of your garden to help keep those tomatoes looking great and also to keep the bugs away.The more of these plants you place in a large garden the less flies and bugs the veggies will encounter. These flowers are very inexpensive and they are a great alternative to having to buy all of the bug spray, candles, bug zappers and anything else we buy to try to combat the mosquitoes and bugs. I think that this is a great way to repel bugs and the flowers are pretty and add color to your garden.
3. Fly Swatter: The old fashion way of doing it. Wait for the fly to stop and slap it. This is one of the first ways that people have discovered to kill bugs. It is a tried and true method. The only thing about a bug that is swatted is that you have to be patient to get the fly. Kids seem to enjoy the challenge of kill the flies.
4. Glue Traps: Glue traps catch flies to a degree. hang these near in the garage. These traps help to catch flies, bees and any other insect that touches it. I promise that seems like they have been warned by someone and they don't fall for the fly strip anyone. You will catch a few but, it's like they know about the fly strip.
5. Vacuum: If you have carpet then use carpet cleaner powder and vacuum it up often because once again pests and insects do not like cleanliness. Also, a vacuum will vacuum up some fleas. Do not forget to vacuum couches, cloth chairs or anywhere fleas may be hiding.
6. Doors and windows closed: Keep your house windows and doors closed and use a screen door for your front door. Flies will get into your home through small rips in the screen. Hopefully, you will not have any rips in the screen?
7. Pine Oil: Hang pine oil at strategic points throughout your home and garage as flies can not stand the smell of pine oil. It works great in basements, garages and near windows or doors. This is a great help in the summer when there are the fly infestations, from time to time.
8. Keep Garbage Stored: Keep garbage sealed shut and several feet away from the house. Bugs are attracted to the garbage so keep everything sealed tight. Keeping bugs out of the home, is the goal. This will also keep everything neat and tidy at your home.
9. Vacuum: Vacuum weekly and sweep cracks and small areas of your home to keep roaches away. Use household cleaners to keep everything nice and tidy. It's really nice to go home and have a clean house smell. It just makes you feel better.
10. No standing water: Mosquitoes love old water so get rid of any standing water in pots or anywhere else you see it. Things outside that we may not think about are streams that will not allow running water (the stream may have got stopped up).
11. Electric bug Zapper: Bug Zappers are good to place near your porch or deck to keep bugs at bay. Also, Zappers make noise so be sure that you do not hang it near a bedroom window. A hook near the back yard would be a nice place for a bug zapper.
12. Home Fly Killer Method: Mix 1 gallon of water with a half cup of dish detergent. Use a spray bottle and watch flies fall. This method is great but, you should wipe up all excess liquid especially if you have cats or dogs.
13. Clean Windows: Clean your home windows with glass cleaner on the inside and the outside once every month or two, (If you are able), If you want to clean your house every two years or so, with a pressure washer, especially a two story house. It is a perfect way to get rid of dirt, cobwebs.
Get Rid of Those Pesky Insects
Ways To Get Rid of Bugs
Vacuum To Get Rid of Fleas
Which is The Best?
What Is The Best Way To Get Rid of Insects?
Hubs For The Home!
- How to Fix Furniture Scratches
This hub demonstrates some of the many ways to cover or eliminate scratches from furniture using many techniques including sand paper and furniture markers. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are also featured in this article.
- Party Ideas for the Backyard
This article is about different ways to entertain family and friends in your backyard. Grilling out, playing music and having horseshoes and volleyball are just a few of the ways to party listed in this hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and
- How To Clean a Swimming Pool
This article describes how to clean and take care of your home swimming pool. Using a net, a vacuum robot and proper chemicals are very important for maintaining your pool.
- How to Become a Gardening Expert
This green thumb gardening article describes tricks of the trade on how to successfully plant a garden. Plant marigolds to help keep insects away from your fruits and vegetables that are growing in the garden. Seven dust also helps keep bugs away. Pl
- How To Save on Your Power Bill
I hope that you find this hub useful to lower your power bill. There are several tips listed on this hub. Maps, Polls, Commentary, You tube videos are all listed here. Surge protectors, florescent lights and using ceiling fans instead of the air cond
Ways To Kill Insects
Bug Removal Ideas
Some of the things that you can do to repel the bugs are to keep the doors and windows closed in your house unless you have a screened in door. Using bug spray and having electric light zappers is another way to take care of an insect problem. Keep your home clean especially dishes and of course keep food and drinks stored away properly.
Cleanliness is always the key but if you have to much of an infestation a call to the exterminator may be in need.
© 2012 Buster Johnson